DSS Testing Accommodations
DSS works with students who have testing accommodations to ensure that they are provided their accommodations for class assessment. DSS requires that any student who wishes to take a test with DSS submit a test request at least five (5) business days in advance of the originally scheduled test date. DSS cannot change the parameters of any test or exam, but can work with the student and professor if there are extenuating circumstances related to test scheduling, modality, and/or other related matters.
DSS Test Request Process:
- Students will complete DSS Test Request Form (below).
- Once DSS receives the student test request, DSS will email the professor to obtain necessary test information.
- Once student and faculty information is received, DSS will contact the student via email to schedule a time for the exam.
- If a student is unable to attend a scheduled exam period with DSS, please notify DSS immediately. Students are reminded of professors’ deadlines for taking exams.
- After the student has completed the exam, DSS will scan and email the completed exam back to the professor.
- Please email DSS@trinitydc.edu if you have any questions!
- Please be aware that your testing time begins at the confirmed time your exam is scheduled in DSS. If you arrive late to your scheduled exam in DSS (up to 30 minutes late), you will have the remaining allotted testing time, based on the originally scheduled and confirmed test time.
- If you are more than 30 minutes late for an exam, the testing time will be cancelled, and you will need to contact your professor to discuss next steps, including requesting approval to makeup the exam; working with DSS and/or make-up testing; etc.
Rescheduling an Exam
- If you cannot take your exam at the scheduled time in DSS (due to illness or emergency), you must contact both your professor and DSS to discuss the situation related to rescheduling options.
No Show and Cancellation
- If, for any reason, you have decided not to take your exam as scheduled in DSS, you are responsible for notifying DSS prior to your scheduled testing time.
- If you do not notify DSS and do not show for your scheduled exam, the matter will be referred to your professor. You will then need to arrange make-up testing with Academic Services.