Welcome to Creative Services, the multimedia and marketing resources department for faculty, staff & students at Trinity Washington University.
Spreading the word about the best parts of Trinity Washington University is what we do best! Take a look at the services we offer and let us know how we can help you!
Trinitydc.edu WordPress website maintenance
- We can troubleshoot trinitydc.edu WordPress webpages that are broken or behaving in an unusual way
- We can set your office up with features like department blogs, events calendars, etc. on trinitydc.edu
- We can consult on social and search engine optimization (SEO) for specific strategic marketing web pages as directed
- We can provide recommendations on formatting your web page content for accessibility to users with screen readers and other assistive technologies
- We can provide limited graphic element design for WordPress web pages, such as banners
Submit an event to be considered for featuring on the homepage
- If your Trinity event should be on the homepage, you can use this form to submit it – this helps ensure we have all the correct information needed!
Create or update a form
Creative Services creates & maintains critical online forms, not included in Starfish, Moodle, Self-Service, Handshake, or administered by other outside 3rd party vendors. To work with Creative Services to create a new form, or to update an existing form, please submit a request at this page.
Web content management and content manager training
- We are happy to convert the content your office provides into responsive WordPress web pages on the trinitydc.edu website, including copy-editing and layout
- For offices with robust subsites, we can provide training and access for capable office staff members to manage content on the office’s subsite
- We manage the addition of access permissions for new content mangers (after training) or the removal of permissions
- We can provide proofing and copy-editing for content submitted directly to us but do not do active monitoring of all new content added to site if not submitted directly to us (if an office has a content manager, we do not proof their work)
SUBMIT CONTENT TO BE ADDED TO A WEBPAGE OR REQUEST TRAINING/ACCESS
Integration of third-party web systems attached to the trinitydc.edu domain
- If your office uses a third-party web system attached to the trinitydc.edu domain, we can help integrate that system with your web pages, though we cannot service the third party systems, nor provide training. Please contact the third-party service directly for help, if training or servicing is needed after we’ve completed linking the system. Most of these third-party services have help links right in the dashboard.
- Third-party web systems include scheduling systems, application systems, client management systems, relationship management systems, databases, newsletter mail group/mail list systems, self-service and financial services systems, email/messaging/chat, forums and bulletin boards, calendaring systems, storage systems, gateways, portals, etc.
External advertising and other communications & marketing services
- We provide limited graphic design and layout for specific ads or mailings
- We continue to update previous ad assets for reuse
- We can initiate access for sanctioned staff to existing email marketing accounts, but cannot provide training (training is provided by our email marketing service provider)
- We can provide branded and attractive email layouts, but do not write individual emails, and do not do reporting on email performance
- We do not provide full marketing plans, crisis communications or service SMS messaging services
Stewardship of all Trinity Washington University social media accounts
- We maintain a record of login information of all officially sanctioned Trinity Washington University social media accounts for all offices to ensure ongoing institutional access, though we do not create content nor do reporting for all accounts.
- We manage all content on Trinity Washington University’s general (non-departmental) social media accounts, but we cannot manage content for departmental or office social media accounts
- We report on performance metrics of Trinity Washington University’s general (non-departmental) social media accounts and social media campaigns, but we do not provide any metrics for other departmental or external social media accounts
- We schedule periodic training on social media basics for other officially sanctioned Trinity Washington University social media account administrators
- We provide tracking URLs, shortened URLs, and redirection links for social sharing within marketing campaigns
Analytics and metrics reporting
- We can provide analytics and performance metrics of trinitydc.edu WordPress web pages.
- We can track performance of ad campaigns in relation to goals pertaining to the trinitydc.edu WordPress website.
Video and audio production services
- We oversee videography and/or livestreaming of major milestone and annual campus events, such as commencement
- We provide audio production for specific major marketing campaigns and institution-wide use
- We produce short videos for specific major marketing campaigns and institution-wide use
- We can advise on best practices for running a virtual meeting recording for best quality video recordings, but we do not run virtual meetings, and we are unable to troubleshoot Zoom issues, including downloading recordings, for that please file a help ticket with IT
- We manage the official TrinityDC YouTube channel and all official playlists
- We oversee photography, of major milestone and annual campus events, such as commencement.
- We provide photography for specific major marketing campaigns and institution-wide use.
- We do photo retouching for specific major marketing campaigns and institution-wide use.
- We provide portrait photography of new staff for “meet the staff” pages.
Graphics and visual design services
- We can do minor graphic element work on a limited basis, though we do not do major graphic design projects except for updating some existing ongoing graphic design projects
- We can provide e-signatures and letterhead for offices.
- We provide standard virtual meeting backgrounds and slideshow presentation templates
Additional ongoing services
- We continue to develop and maintain WordPress installation and theme, as well as update (but do not service/troubleshoot) plugins and administer the web hosting account
- Media Relations: Ann Pauley
- Learning management system, course spaces: Moodle
- Trinitydc.edu email, messaging/chat, virtual meeting (Zoom)/teleconference/telepresence, telephony, instructional technologies, software, cybersecurity, computer lending, printing: Technology Services
- Data or content storage: Technology Services
- Email newsletter, mail groups, mail lists: Constant Contact
- Social Media account management: Hootsuite
- Third party graphic design, printing, mailing, professional photography, videography, or audio services: Ann Pauley
Creative Services Web Maintenance and regular Functionality Hygiene Schedule
Creative Services completes regular upgrades, updates, web maintenance, and functionality hygiene checks to ensure the Trinity DC website runs at peak condition. The time allotted for these operations is very brief, but may affect speed of the website, or even access to parts of the website while they occur. To minimize inconvenience for our users, Creative Services will perform these operations at off-peak times during traditionally low-usage days, mainly on holiday weekends:
- January 2
- February: The Saturday before President’s Day
- Late March/Early April: Holy Thursday
- June: The first day of any Juneteenth Holiday or Juneteenth itself if it falls midweek
- Late August/Early September: The Saturday before Labor Day
- November: The Wednesday of Thanksgiving Weekend
In addition, Creative Services may have to perform emergency upgrades on the website very rarely outside of this schedule. If this is the case, an ALL-TRINITY bulletin will be sent prior to those operations. The schedule above, however, is meant to minimize the need for any such emergency operations.