Primary Medical Care and Counseling Services
- The Health & Wellness Center is committed to supporting and improving your health while you are attending Trinity Washington University.
- We provide a full range of medical and counseling services that are always tailored to each individual student’s needs.
- Our team of medical professionals works collaboratively to address all of your physical and emotional needs. Our goal is to keep you as healthy and productive as possible!
- We invite all Trinity students to access The Health & Wellness Center.
- The Health & Wellness Center is a welcoming space; equal care will be provided to all patients regardless of age, race, ethnicity, physical ability or attributes, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.
- All services provided at the health center are confidential. No information will be released without your consent.
In an effort to keep our campus safe for everyone, the Health and Wellness Center is available by appointment for health screenings, routine visits, in person or via telehealth. Please contact the Health and Wellness Center by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 202-884-9615 as soon as possible for best practice or to schedule an appointment.
Covid-19 Vaccine Information
As previously announced, Trinity will require all students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 prior to being on campus for the Fall 2021 semester.
Students – please use the form available at https://discover.trinitydc.edu/health/covid-19-vaccine-verification/ to provide proof of full vaccination by submitting your information and an image of your vaccine card by August 13, 2021. Alternatively, you can provide a copy in person to the Health and Wellness Center (Main 461) or Dr. Karen Gerlach (Main 228); email a copy to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax it to 202-884-9614. If you require a religious or medical exemption, please provide notice on the form, so that we may follow-up with you regarding your request. Faculty and Staff – please provide your verification directly to Tracey Prince Ross in Human Resources.
Vaccine Appointments and Scheduling:
Off-Campus: All persons 12 and older are now eligible for free vaccines. See the links below for information on how to schedule your vaccine appointment: Washington, D.C.; Maryland; Virginia; CDC Vaccine Finder – All States.
Health Topic Updates
Information regarding the Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is available in our Health Topics updates. Trinity Washington University advocates the following actions that everyone can take to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
• Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home if sick and inform your academic advisor or supervisor of any absence.
• Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Students and Trinity Washington University faculty and staff who have not yet received an influenza vaccine may please do so at the Health and Wellness Center, 4th Floor Main Building. Vaccinations may also be available with your primary care provider or local pharmacies
Health Forms and Insurance Information
Trinity Washington University is pleased to offer our students and their families Student Insurance Plan Options for the academic year including access to comprehensive health care at an affordable premium, access to preferred providers for less out of pocket and an online portal to help you better manage your benefits and claims.
- When you enroll in our student insurance plan, the Health and Wellness Center’s Nurse Practitioners will serve as your Primary Care Providers, managing all of your health needs right on campus in a comprehensive setting that is convenient for you and free of charge.
- All students are required to have adequate health insurance coverage while they attend Trinity Washington University.
- If you are a CAS student, you will be automatically enrolled in the student health insurance plan. If you have your own private health insurance, you can WAIVE the university-sponsored insurance plan to avoid being billed for the coverage beginning May 1st, 2021.
- All new students must also submit Health Forms to the Health Center prior to the Fall semester, including immunization records. https://discover.trinitydc.edu/health/health-forms-overview/
Health and Wellness Center
4th floor Main Hall (Room 461)
Phone: 202-884-9615 for information and appointments.
Academic Year Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm and by appointment.
Jacqueline Newsome-Williams Ph.D.,RN,ANP-BC,FNP-BC
Director of Health and Wellness Center
Office: Main 461
In Case of Emergency
If you are on campus and experience or witness a medical emergency, immediately notify the Resident Coordinator on duty AND contact Public Safety at extension 9111 or 202-844-9111.
If you are off campus and have a medical emergency please dial 911.