Health & Wellness Center Services
Primary Care Services
- Routine physical examinations
- Sports physicals
- Annual gynecologic (Well Woman) examinations to include PAP smears and treatment of gynecologic concerns.
- Treatment of acute illnesses such as upper respiratory infection, flu, strep throat, urinary tract infections, stomach virus, pink eye, allergies.
- Treatment of acute injuries such as cuts, burns, splinters, insect bites, wounds, muscle strains, sprains, and sports injuries.
- Screening and management of chronic diseases such as asthma, diabetes, hypertension and elevated cholesterol.
- Laboratory testing to include comprehensive bloodwork panels, STD testing, pregnancy testing, rapid flu, rapid strep, and rapid HIV tests.
- Prescriptions/medication dispensing
- Health navigation
- Wellness promotion
- Nutrition counseling/weight management advice
Mental Health Services
We offer a range of services to support students through their Trinity experience.
- Individual Counseling. Students can meet one-on-one with a mental health clinician for on-going counseling.
- Support Groups. These are offered throughout the year on a variety of topics, depending on the needs of Trinity students. For example, we will have a Covid-19 support group for students who want help dealing with any issues that have arisen due to the current pandemic.
- Mental Health Screenings. The Health Center conducts free screenings throughout the year to help you determine whether you are experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition. These include depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, PTSD, eating and alcohol disorders. They are free and confidential.
- Prevention & Education Workshops and Programs. Topics may include:
- Coping with Stress
- Managing Your Emotions
- Creating Healthy Relationships
- Domestic Violence Awareness
- Sexual Assault Prevention
- Women and Food
- Marijuana and Alcohol Use
Referrals to Off-campus Resources
Because of state licensing issues, you must be in DC or Maryland to receive counseling. However, we can meet with any Trinity student by phone for a one-time consultation, no matter where you are located. Please call us at (202) 884-9612 to set up a phone consultation to review options, based on your location.
All of the other mental health services are available to ALL Trinity students no matter where they are residing.
Please check-out this website for health and wellness information and resources on variety of topics.
WE HAVE LOTS OF WAYS TO HELP. Contact the Health & Wellness Office at 202-884-9615