Mental Health Services
The Health and Wellness Center offers a range of services to support students through their Trinity experience.
- Individual Counseling. Students can meet one-on-one with a mental health clinician for on-going counseling.
- Support Groups. These are offered throughout the year on a variety of topics, depending on the needs of Trinity students. For example, we will have a Covid-19 support group for students who want help dealing with any issues that have arisen due to the current pandemic.
- Mental Health Screenings. The Health Center conducts free screenings throughout the year to help you determine whether you are experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition. These include depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, PTSD, eating and alcohol disorders. They are free and confidential.
- Prevention & Education Workshops and Programs. Topics may include:
- Coping with Stress
- Managing Your Emotions
- Creating Healthy Relationships
- Domestic Violence Awareness
- Sexual Assault Prevention
- Women and Food
- Marijuana and Alcohol Use
Referrals to Off-campus Resources
Because of state licensing issues, you must be in DC or Maryland to receive counseling. However, we can meet with any Trinity student by phone for a one-time consultation, no matter where you are located. Please call us at (202) 884-9612 to set up a phone consultation to review options, based on your location.
All of the other mental health services are available to ALL Trinity students no matter where they are residing.
Student Affairs provides self-care and stress-reduction resources for students. Additionally, the site provides information for online therapy as well as resources other crisis support at https://discover.trinitydc.edu/student-affairs/self-care-and-stress-reduction/
WE HAVE LOTS OF WAYS TO HELP. Contact the Health & Wellness Office at 202-884-9615