Move-In Fall 2020
Before You Arrive
What To Bring
What To Expect
July 1, 2020
Campus Housing will begin Fall 2020 Housing placement. You will receive your housing assignment letter via Trinity email, once Campus Housing has received your financial clearance from Enrollment Services. Housing placements will be completed on a rolling basis. Residence halls will be open for Fall 2020, with one student per room (at the basic room rate, no surcharge for singles) and move-in will be by appointment only from August 29 – September 5th. Your placement email will provide you detailed information regarding move in.
Wednesday, August 1, 2020
Submit Required Health Forms To Health & Wellness Center
Make Pay Arrangements Through Enrollment Services
Saturday, August 29, 2020 – Saturday September 5, 2020
Resident Move-In, by appointment. Continue to monitor your Trinity email for updates.
- Returning and New Residents will move in during extended move in from August 29th through September 5th.
- Move in will be limited to 35 residents per day, per building.
- Move in appointment slots will be between 9am – 6pm, allowing 9 slots per day, with a maximum of 4 residents per time block per building.
- Appointment slots will be confirmed upon Financial Clearance from Enrollment Services
- Residents will only be permitted to have 1 person enter the building with them to assist with move in.
- All guests must wear face coverings while assisting with move in.
- Campus Housing staff will set up a no contact check in point in each residence hall to facilitate social distances for check in and key distribution.
Saturday August 29, 2020
Meal Plan begins at 5:00pm; Dinner in Alumnae Hall. Please be aware of service changes as you enter the Dining Hall. Face coverings are required and eat-in dining capacity will be limited.
Tuesday, September 8, 2020
College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) Classes Begin
Monday, September 14, 2020
Last day to change meal plan level or withdraw from Fall housing with refund
Before You Arrive On Campus
1. Contact Your Roommate
You will receive the Trinity email address for your assigned roommate in your housing assignment letter. It is important for you to communicate with your roommate prior to move-in so that you can discuss what each of you are planning to bring to campus. There is limited space in your residence hall so please carefully consider what you items you each need separately and which you can share.
Your first instinct might be to look your new roommate up on Facebook or Instagram. While this might give you a little insight into your roommate’s likes and dislikes, remember that people can often appear different online than in person. Do not judge a book by its cover. Give your new roommate a chance by getting to know them in person.
2. Complete Your Financial Arrangements
You must complete your financial arrangements with Enrollment Services by August 1, 2020. You will not be allowed to move in until you have set-up a payment plan for any remaining balance on your account after your financial aid has been applied.
3. Review Important Policies
All students in all programs at Trinity are expected to uphold a way of life that embraces personal integrity and responsibility, the foundation of the Honor System. The Honor System reflects the core of Trinity’s values as an institution concerned with moral as well as intellectual education.
4. Health Forms
Trinity Washington University requires that incoming students comply with the Pre-Admission Health Policy as listed below. All of the forms can be located at Health Forms.
1. Complete the Health History form, located at link listed above. Completely fill out these forms and return to the Health and Wellness Center on the 4th Floor of Main Building or Scan and email the form to email@example.com.
2. Schedule a physical exam with your health care provider, and submit the medical/health form located at the link listed above to the Health and Wellness Center. All forms must be completed and signed by your health care provider, including the Immunization Record prior to the start of the semester. If you are unable to schedule a physical exam with your health care provider and have paid the Health Center fee, an exam may be performed by our staff.
3. Proof of major medical insurance submitted with a copy of your valid insurance card.
Forms can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Health Insurance
While here at Trinity Washington University you are required to have health coverage.
All Full time CAS students will be charged a health fee. This fee cannot be waived and is nonrefundable.
The Health Fee will allow you access to the Health and Wellness Center on campus. The Center is staffed with Nurse Practitioners and a Counselor. Services offered include but are not limited to: annual well woman exams, sports physicals, gynecological appointments, treatment of colds, flu, urinary tract infections, upper respiratory infection, immunizations, and weight/nutrition counseling. The Health and Wellness Center is meant to serve as your primary care provider while you are away from home.
In addition to the health fee, all students are required to carry Major Medical Health Insurance. You must provide us proof that you are covered by your parents, your employer, or the state. You must submit a waiver by Tuesday, September 1, 2020. The waiver can be accessed at the tab labeled Insurance Waiver.
For more information, visit the Health and Wellness Center website.
Parking is regulated by the Department of Public Safety located in Main Hall B-8 directly across from the post office.
In order to park your car on-campus, you must register your vehicle and have a parking permit. After you register your vehicle, the parking permit website will allow you to print a temporary permit. Your permanent permit will be mailed to you within a few days.
Please be sure that you have the following items available to you before visit the vehicle registration website:
- Last 4 Digits of SSN
- Last Name (As is in Self-Service)
- Vehicle Info:
- License Plate, State, Year, Color, Make, Model of Car
- Valid Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express Card (The cost of parking on campus for residential students is $75.00 per semester.)
- Address to have parking permit sent to.
7. Cable & Internet
Trinity supports BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE streaming media devices (such as Roku, Chromecast, etc.). Bring your own device and connect through Trinity’s wifi!
In order to stream online content to your TV, your TV must be a Smart TV or support Streaming Media Players via HDMI. Depending on which TV or the streaming player you use, online services such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video or HBO Now might may be available for you.
For information on how to get started, please visit the Technology Services webpage and click on the tab for “FOR RESIDENT STUDENTS”.
8. Follow Student Affairs on Social Media
9. Subscribe to the Trinity Emergency and Weather Communications Notification System.
Text “Follow Trinitydcalerts” to 40404 on your cell phone and you will get instant alerts about Trinity’s status and directions in emergencies.
10. Interested in Athletics?
Check out the Trinity Athletics website to see all of the different sports teams we offer.
- Fall Sports: Soccer and Volleyball
- Winter Sports: Basketball
- Spring Sports: Softball and Tennis
Contact the Director of Athletics at 202-884-9097 if you are interested in trying out for a specific sports team.
Check out our Furnishing your Room website for information on what is provided in residence hall rooms, items you should consider bringing to campus and items that are not permitted.
Move-in day is filled with anticipation and excitement, being prepared for what to expect will help you to have a better move in day.
Families should expect move-in day to be exciting, as well as emotional. To get through it, students and family members need to stay open to the unexpected and be in the moment as much as possible.
7 Tips that can make for a smoother move in experience:
- Know what is provided in the residence hall room and what you’ll need to bring. Check our Furnishing Your Room page for details. Keep in mind that certain items may not be allowed, including candles, space heaters, bed lifts, extension cords and toaster ovens.
- Move-in is by appointment, you will receive instructions from the Campus Housing Staff. We will direct you to the proper locations for check in, unloading your vehicle and parking. Please be patient as there may be short wait times as others unload belongings.
- Bring miscellaneous supplies. You might need bottled water, snacks, scissors, thumbtacks, clothes hangers, pocket change for snack machines, a flashlight and basic cleaning materials, including window washing solution and a small whisk broom.
- Consider the weather, and dress accordingly. You can get overheated traveling up and down a stairwell in late summer. Likewise, be prepared for wet or windy weather.
- Inspect the room before you unpack and note any damages already present on the room condition report. Our staff checks all rooms prior to move in, but if you notice any issues such as no AC, or trouble with locking the room door please report it to a Campus Housing staff member right away.
- Have fun. Try to stay relaxed and keep your schedule flexible. Aim for positive memories. After all, the day is a milestone and a new beginning for both students and families.
The Alumnae Dining Hall on will begin Meal Plan usage on Saturday August 29th for dinner. The Alumnae Dining Hall is located on the first floor of Alumnae Hall. Food is served all you care to eat buffet style.
The Deli will open on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 for the fall semester and is located in the basement of Main Hall. You can use your meal equivalency in the Deli, outside of Dining Hall Meal times, or use your flex dollars at the Deli.
For questions or further information, contact Mr. Alfonso White, Director of Dining Services at 202-884-9130.
Your mailing address will be:
Trinity Washington University
125 Michigan Ave. NE
Washington, DC 20017
You may stop by the Post Office located in Main Hall B11 to receive further information about your mailbox from Monday-Friday 9:00am-6:00pm.
Back to Top[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]