Emergency Food Assistance

On Campus

Food Pantry, located in Main Hall, 2nd floor.  Student Affairs can provide students access to our free food pantry to assist with short terms needs.  If you need assistance please stop by to see Dean Meechie Bowie (Main 223) or Sr. Ann Howard (Main 224) or contact 202-884-9611 or email bowiem@trinitydc.edu.

Off Campus

The Capital Area Food Bank provides emergency food assistance to residents of the DC Metropolitan area including the District of Columbia, Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties, and Northern Virginia.  Use their interactive map at https://www.capitalareafoodbank.org/covid19response/#get-help or call 202-644-9807 or email hungerlifeline@capitalareafoodbank.org if you need assistance.

Servicios en español
Para recibir ayuda en español, llame al Capital Area Food Bank al (202) 644-9807 entre las horas de 8:30am y 5:00pm. Usted será conectado/a con alguien que hable español y que le pueda dar una referencia para recibir ayuda de un almacén de alimentos  en el área en donde usted vive. Generalmente, se puede encontrar un sitio donde usted pueda recibir ayuda el mismo día de su llamada.

Additional Area food pantry information:

St. Anthony of Padua, 1029 Monroe St NE  202-250-8208.  Hours are every Wednesday from 9:30-1:00pm.

Family and Youth Outreach Development: 24 Kennedy St NW 202-722-5220. Open Fridays from 11am-1pm

National Baptist Memorial Church: 1501 Columbia Rd NW Phone: 202-265-1410. Open the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month from 9am-1pm

Mt. Rona Baptist Church: 3431 13th St NW 202-483-9762. Wednesday 1pm-5pm. This site requires a referral

SNAP for College Students

Many students attending an institution of higher education (i.e., college, university, trade/technical school) more than half-time (as determined by the institution) may be eligible for food assistance through the District’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) if they meet at least one of the college student exemption criteria.

Students who meet an exemption must also meet all other SNAP eligibility requirements, such as income limits. The institution of higher education determines what is considered ‘half-time’ enrollment.