SERVICE IN SELMA! Be apart of the legacy!
Alternative Spring Break is an opportunity for selected Trinity College of Arts and Science students to travel to Selma, Alabama for a week of service
(painting, community outreach, hands-on service), and learning first-hand the story of the Civil Rights movement of Selma, Birmingham and Montgomery, Alabama.
Students will visit
the Civil Rights Museum, meet with important figures in the Civil Rights movement and have an opportunity to reflect daily on their experiences.
Alternative Spring Break Service Trip 2019 to Selma, AL (ASB) will take place Saturday March 7 – Saturday March 14, 2020.
1. Attend one of the INFORMATION Sessions listed below to learn about the trip, the service and the application process. Attendance at one of these meetings is required if you are truly interested in applying.
- Tuesday October 29: 4pm – 5pm in Main 215
- Wednesday October 30: 12pm – 1pm in Main 215
- Thursday October 31: 12pm – 1pm in Main 215
- Thursday October 31: 4pm – 5pm in Main 215
2. Submit the following items to the Dean of Student Services Office (Main 223) no later than Friday November 1, 2019 for consideration for the 2020 trip:
- Application form (available at the information session)
- Essay response to the questions included on the application addressing your volunteer/service experiences.
- Current resume (include work, co-curricular and service activities)
- One letter of recommendation – from a Trinity faculty or staff member
3. Agreement to attend 5 pre-departure learning sessions
- Tuesdays 4:30pm-5:30pm on Feb 4, Feb 11, Feb 18, Feb 25 and March 3, 2020
4. Schedule an in person interview for the week of November 11 – 15, 2019.
5. Receive final notification from selection committee by December 6, 2019.
All CAS full-time students in good disciplinary and academic standing are invited to apply.
For more information on this opportunity please contact Dean Meechie Bowie at 202-884-9611