Alternative Spring Break is an opportunity for selected Trinity College of Arts and Science students to travel to Selma, Alabama for a week of service (painting, rehabbing, beautifying homes), and learning first-hand the story of the Civil Rights movement of Selma, Birmingham and Montgomery, Alabama.
Students will visit the Civil Rights Museum, meet with important figures in the Civil Rights movement and have an opportunity to reflect daily on their experiences.
Alternative Spring Break Service Trip 2018 to Selma, AL (ASB) will take place Saturday March 2 – Saturday March 9, 2019.
Attend an Information Meeting:
- Monday October 22, 2018 at 12:00pm, Main 215
- Wednesday October 24, 2018 at 12:00pm, Main 215
- Thursday October 25, 2018 at 4:00pm, Main 215
- Friday October 26, 2018 at 12:00pm, Main 215
- Friday October 26, 2018 at 3:00pm, Main 215
Submit the following items to the Campus Ministry Office (Main 219) no later than Friday November 3, 2017 for consideration for the 2018 trip:
- Application form (available at the information session and outside Dean Meechie’s office)
- Essay response to the questions included on the application addressing your volunteer/service experiences.
- Current resume (include work, co-curricular and service activities)
- One letter of recommendation – from a Trinity faculty or staff member
Agreement to attend 5 pre-departure learning sessions
- Tuesdays 4:30pm-5:30pm on Jan 29, Feb 5, Feb 12, Feb 19 and Feb 26, 2018
Schedule an in person interview for the week of November 12 – 16, 2018.
Receive final notification from selection committee by November 30, 2018.
All CAS full-time students in good disciplinary and academic standing are invited to apply.