What am I required to do in Moodle, as a Faculty member?
To best support our students, Moodle is the official Learning Management System for the University. In Moodle, all faculty are required to:
- Post your syllabus as a file resource on the main page of your course with the word ‘Syllabus’ in the name. If you have posted it elsewhere, such as in a forum discussion thread or as a link to an external site like Google Drive, you must also post the syllabus as a file resource to the main page your course, ideally in the top section or first week.
- Track Class Attendance
- Text with screenshots – How do I track class attendance?
- Text with screenshots – How do I add class sessions to an existing Attendance activity?
- Make Your Course Available
- Submit Final Grades (and Mid-Term Progress Grades, if required by your unit) through Moodle
- Text with screenshots – How do I submit Mid-Term Progress Grades or Final Grades?
- Short video – Fast FAQ: Submitting Mid-term Progress or Final Grades
All of the links will take you to Faculty Frequently Asked Questions for answers.