How do I view my grade for an assignment I submitted through Moodle?
You can view the grade and feedback for a specific upload assignment activity through that actual assignment, as well as through the gradebook.
To view your grade and feedback for assignment where you uploaded your file or files, follow the steps below.
- Login to Moodle.
- Click on your course in your “My Courses” block.
- Locate the assignment on the main page of the course. Click on the name of the assignment.
- On the assignment page, scroll down beneath the instructions/description for the assignment.
- The first set of information is about your submission. If you’ve added text or a file, you will see it listed there. You can checked the “Grading status” to see if the assignment has been graded.
- Scroll down further to the ‘Feedback’ section.
- Under that, you can see the ‘Feedback’ for your assignment from your instructor. It contains your grade, and any feedback text or files.
- If your assignment was an “Online text” assignment, it’s possible that your instructor has enabled the ability to comment inline. If you see the beginning of your online text assignment submission in the feedback comments section, click the plus sign to expand the comments:
Then you should be able to see any comments that the instructor has added inline:
For any assignment activity graded in Moodle, you should be able to see the grade and feedback comments (most likely) in the your gradebook. To reach your gradebook, click on the “Grades” link in your left column.
If you do not see the left column with the purple background, expand the column by clicking on the three-line menu icon in the upper left corner of the page:
In your gradebook, you should be able to see the grade and feedback comments. Note: You cannot see any feedback files provided, so it’s always best to review the feedback in the assignment activity first.