How do I export the Moodle Gradebook? [Moodle version 3.2]
You may wish to export the Moodle gradebook content to Excel to keep a record of it at any point in time. To do that, follow the steps below.
NOTE: You can also get the list of your students’ ID numbers this way, as they will export with the gradebook content.
Note: you can click on any image to view a larger version of the image.
- From the main page of your course, click on the “Grades” link in the left column. (If you do not see the left column, you can click the three-line ‘menu’ icon in the upper left of the header to expand the purple-backed left column. Circled in yellow in the image below.)
- From within the gradebook, click on the drop-down navigation menu.
- Scroll down until you see the ‘Export’ section. Under that section, click on “Excel spreadsheet.”
- Keep everything checked if you wish to export the entire gradebook.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Download” button.
If you are looking for the students’ ID numbers, they should be listed in the third column (highlighted in yellow below).