How do I export the Moodle Gradebook?
You may wish to export the Moodle gradebook content to Excel to keep a record of it at any point in time. To do that, follow the steps below.
NOTE: You can also get the list of your students’ ID numbers this way, as they will export with the gradebook content.
- From the main page of your course, click on the “Grades” link in the left column. (If you do not see the left column, you can click the three-line ‘menu’ icon in the upper left of the header to expand the purple-backed left column. Circled in yellow in the image below.)
- From within the gradebook, click on the drop-down navigation menu.
- Scroll down until you see the ‘Export’ section. Under that section, click on “Excel spreadsheet.”
- Keep everything checked if you wish to export the entire gradebook.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Download” button.
If you are looking for the students’ ID numbers, they should be listed in the third column.