- General Information
- Retrieval of Academic Tests
- Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Academic Test Request Form
- Academic Test Request Form (printable word version)
Students may take makeup, retake, and special-circumstances tests in the Academic Services Center in Library 103. You and your students may take advantage of our services if a student misses a mid-term, final, or other important test during the course of the semester. You may also utilize this service for students who need special testing accommodations.
Please note: Students with documented disabilities and special testing accommodations will take their exams with the Director of Disability Student Services in Main Hall #212.
Faculty must complete the Academic Test Request Form each time they wish students to take an exam in the Academic Services Center. Students must present photo identification to take exams in the Assessment Center. The staff will adhere strictly to your written test instructions. Students with disabilities who utilize special testing accommodations will be given their exams as close to the actual test day and time as possible.
Make sure you include the information necessary to provide your students with timely and efficient service. For example, specify testing time for students and indicate any special aids or equipment that they are allowed to use during the exam. If detailed testing instructions are necessary, provide a separate copy of the instructions for your students to read and follow.
The staff in the Center cannot accept homework assignments or special projects from students – remind them of your own policies.
- Complete the Academic Test Request Form and submit it online. This should be submitted before the student schedules an appointment for makeup exams.
- On the form, provide specific details about your test such as the names of the students who are eligible to take the test, the deadline (date and time) by which the test must be completed, and the time allowed for the exam.
- Attach a copy of the test to the form. (The online request includes a provision for attaching the test.) When possible, include the professor’s/instructor’s name as well as the course name and number at the top of each test. If you have difficulty attaching the document to the online form, please email the exam directly to TestingCenter@trinitydc.edu.
- If you would prefer to hand deliver the exam/quiz, complete the online form and deliver the exam/quiz to Kimberly LaBoone (LIB 104). We cannot ensure the security or timely receipt of confidential test materials that are mailed to the office.
- Please refer each student who needs testing to sign up for an appointment online using the Student Exam Appointment Request.
The staff in the Academic Services Center will adhere strictly to your written test instructions. Make sure you include the information necessary to provide your students with timely and efficient service. For example, specify testing time for students and identify any assistive-technology equipment they may require. If detailed testing instructions are necessary, provide a separate copy of the instructions for your students to read and follow.
To minimize inconvenience to your students and to ensure the staff in Academic Services has sufficient time to process your ATRF(s), we ask that you submit your test(s) at least three (3) workdays in advance of the authorized “deadline” when possible.
The Academic Services Center adheres to Trinity’s Academic Honor Code – students are expected to follow the Honor Code guidelines as described in the Honor Code handbook.
To ensure the integrity of Trinity’s academic testing program, the staff in the Center will maintain the strictest security and confidentiality of the records you provide to our office. The staff will collect the materials from students and will scan and return completed exams to your Trinity email address. We will shred and destroy the hard copies once you confirm reciept of the completed exam. Please inform us if you do NOT want the completed exam destroyed and you would like to come and pick it up. If you do not confirm receipt of the scanned exam, ALL exam materials will be shred at the end of the semester unless other instructions are provided.
Please complete the “Services Evaluation Form” – it is our goal to provide the highest quality services for faculty and students so we collect data to improve our services.
Faculty of students with disabilities may also use this service; however, the exam will be administered by the Director of Disability Student Services – Main Hall #212, 202-884-9358. Learn more about accommodations here.