Is there a mobile app for Moodle?
Moodle is an open source Learning Management System (LMS). Moodle.org, who develops this open source platform, offers a mobile app. It is not Trinity-specific, but it will work with our installation.
Students, please note: there are some activities that can only be completed on a computer, including some types of quiz questions and viewing blocks.
Faculty, please note: there are some functions that can only be completed on a computer, including some types of quiz questions and viewing blocks. Explore the Moodle 201 section for more details on mobile best practices and capabilities.
Please note: when setting up the app, you must use the full URL for Trinity’s Moodle site which is: https://moodle.trinitydc.edu/
- Information & links to download the Moodle mobile app
- Moodle Mobile FAQs from Moodle.org
- For Students: Learner Orientation to Moodle v3.6 section on Moodle Mobile
- For Faculty: Moodle Basics v3.6 section on Moodle Mobile
- For Faculty: Moodle Advanced Usage v3.6 section on Moodle Mobile
Set-up Process with Example Screens
Once you have downloaded the app, it will appear on your phone.
- Click on the icon for the app. It will bring you to a screen where you must enter the “Site address” for Trinity.
- Enter the full web address for Trinity’s Moodle installation: https://moodle.trinitydc.edu/. You have to include the ‘https://‘ or the URL will not work.
Click the “Connect” button.
- On the next screen you will be asked to enter your username and password. Remember you username is everything before the ‘@’ in your Trinity email address.
- Enter your Trinity username & password. Tip: You can show your password to you by clicking on the ‘eye;’ to hide it again, click on the eye with a ‘no’ symbol which will now be in its place.
- When you are done, click the ‘go’ button or close the keyboard and click the ‘Log in’ button.
- Now you are logged in. You can click on the “Dashboard” tab or scroll down to the “My courses” link.