How do I create a wiki in Moodle? [Moodle version 3.2]
Wikis allow for a collaborative space to build content together. To create a wiki in your Moodle course, follow the steps below.
Note: you can click on any image to view a larger version of the image.
Add a Wiki
- Login to Moodle and click on the course to which you wish to add the wiki.
- Click on the gray ‘edit’ gear wheel in the upper right corner of the page.
- From the drop-down menu which appears, select the ‘Turn editing on’ option.
- In the week to which you wish to add the wiki, click the ‘+Add an activity or resource’ link.
- From the pop-up menu, select the ‘Wiki’ activity and click the ‘Add’ button.
- Enter the name of the wiki, and provide a description, if you would like.
- Enter the name for the first page of the wiki.
Scroll down and click the ‘Save and display’ button.
- Nothing needs to be changes on this screen. Simply click the ‘Create page’ button.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ tab at the top.
- Enter your content in the box labeled ‘HTML format.’
- Scroll down and save your work.
- Your wiki is ready for your students! If you need to update or change anything, simply click on the wiki activity and select the ‘Edit’ tab again.
How Students Post
When your students go to post, they will follow these steps.
- Login to the course in Moodle.
- Locate and click on the Wiki activity.
- Click the edit tab.
- Update the wiki page. In this instance, the student is signing up for a final project slot.
- Save the work/changes by clicking the ‘Save’ button.
- The student (and you) will now be able to see what they have added to the page.
Reviewing the Wiki History
If there are any concerns, you can always reviewing the history of the changes of the wiki.
- Login to your course and click on the existing wiki activity.
- Click on the ‘History’ tab at the top.
- Select to two versions that you wish to compare, and click the ‘Compare selected’ button.
- The next screen will show you the changes that the student made.