How do I add a block in my course? [Moodle version 3.2]
There are still a number of blocks available for you to add to your Moodle course. One of the most useful blocks is a custom HTML block into which you can put your own content. To add a custom HTML block, follow these steps below!
Note: you can click on any image to view a larger version of the image.
- Login to Moodle. Click on the course to which you wish to add the block.
- On the main page of your course, click the gray editing gear in the upper right corner to get the administrative options.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the ‘Turn editing on’ option.
- Next scroll all the way down until you see the last block in the left column (with the purple background). Beneath that now is a block labelled, “Add a block.” Click on the block to view the options.
- Choose “HTML” from the options list.
- A new HTML block will appear at the bottom of the right column. Click on the little gray gear or cog wheel to view the setting options for the HTML block.
- Choose the “Configure (new HTML block) block” option.
- On the configuration page, give the block a title (Moodle will translate it to all capital letters). Add whatever content you wish to have in the block to the main section. Style the text as you like.
- If you want to move the HTML block higher up in the right column or place the block in the left column, you can adjust the settings in the “Where this block appears” and “On this page” sections.
- Scroll down and click the “Save changes” button.
- You will be returned to your main course page. You can now view the customized block.
- If you do not like the position of the block, you can drag-and-drop the block anywhere in the column. Click on the gray plus-sign with arrows, and hold your mouse key down.
- Pull the block up to where you would like it to be located.
- Release the mouse key and the block will drop into position there.