Associate Director of HR Talent
Trinity Washington University, located in the Nation’s Capital, seeks an experienced and accomplished Associate Director of HR Talent Trinity Washington University is a premier, private institution grounded in 125 years of educational excellence and catholic tradition designed for undergraduate women with graduate, professional and certificate academic programs for all. Trinity Washington University is both highly regarded and highly engaged in the communities it serves. Trinity Washington graduates make great contributions in their work across various industries: Trinity Success Profiles – Trinity Washington University (trinitydc.edu)
The Associate Director provides oversight and leads in the development of recruitment and retention functions that contribute to the achievement of Trinity’s Strategic Plan by proactively partnering with hiring managers to source and recruit candidates; facilitating needs and staffing analyses; using data to measure hiring trends and turnover, and providing guidance and advice on recruitment and retention issues in a way that is planned and integrated with the business needs and challenges of Trinity and its stakeholders. The Associate Director reports to the Executive Director of Human Resources.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in Human Resources Management, Business Management or a related field
- A master’s degree in a related discipline is preferred
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification is preferred
LEVEL & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE:
- Five to seven years of high volume and/or corporate recruitment, higher education recruitment or related human resources experience
- Generalist experience preferred
- Working knowledge of ADP’s Workforce Now platform is preferred, and specifically current working knowledge of the Workforce Now Talent Management module, is preferred.
- Bilingual abilities in English and Spanish preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions for reporting purposes
- Superior writing, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven credibility
- Ability to be innovative and strategic in problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to take on an integrated, analytical, anticipatory, and proactive approach to service delivery
- Proven leadership style focused on cooperation, high performance, integrity, and fairness
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Consult with hiring managers to determine recruitment needs
- Collaborate with departments to develop appropriate talent acquisition and sourcing strategies, including the creation of effective job announcements and position descriptions, as well as ad placement strategies
- Oversee life cycle faculty and staff recruitment
- Execute a proactive approach to recruitment, keeping abreast with applicable trends and best practices
- Develop and manage recruiting marketing channels including online employment sites, job boards, on-campus recruiting, staffing agencies, and professional networks; manage relationships with key contacts
- Provide guidance and coaching to academic and administrative departments on issues related to recruitment and the on-boarding process
- Manage resume database and critical recruitment metrics such as days-to-fill, turnover, and source distribution
- Work on various projects related to recruitment and employment, including market compensation studies, employment surveys, and benchmark studies
- Facilitate New Staff Orientation
- Assist the Executive Director and Associate Director in developing HR operational strategy, driving HR initiatives, and establishing best practices within the HR department
- Fast-paced and professional work environment
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions.
- Trinity is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
- Employee must be able to work efficaciously under pressure, effectively managing multiple priorities.
Trinity is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.