Executive Director of Continuing Education
Trinity, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, invites applications for a full-time Executive Director to lead its growing Continuing Education division. The Executive Director will lead the development of Trinity’s longstanding continuing education programs for teachers and school leaders, while adding significant new content in Healthcare, Business, Information Technology, and Media. The Executive Director will design, develop, and supervise initiatives in virtual synchronous, asynchronous, hybrid, and face-to-face modalities.
Reporting to the Provost, the Executive Director will manage the planning, design, and delivery of programs and courses in Continuing Education. The Executive Director will work with community partners to meet corporate expectations for continuing education and workforce development in key industries in the Washington Region. The Executive Director will oversee operations in the unit and ensure that programs are delivered with integrity and that learning experiences meet student’s needs. Note this position involves the teamwork, collaboration, and personal interaction expected in a campus environment and cannot be achieved remotely; therefore, regular on-site attendance is required.
Specifically, the Executive Director of Continuing Education will be responsible to:
- Engage in strategic planning, design, development, and delivery of courses and programs in Trinity’s continuing education division;
- Develop industry partners in high-demand areas in the Washington region, conducting needs assessments, market scans, and designing customized trainings as necessary;
- Manage unit operations, including course planning and scheduling, registration, tuition and payment systems, and operational troubleshooting;
- Recruit, supervise, and evaluate an appropriate faculty body, oversee curriculum design and exercise oversight of syllabi, and ensure academic integrity in course experiences;
- Manage, protect, and ensure the integrity and confidentiality of Continuing Education data housed in Trinity’s student management and data software application, Power Campus, or in other files;
- Understand that academic institutions are flexible environments and that other duties may emerge in the course of normal business or unit expansion that the Executive Director will be expected to fulfill.
Candidates should possess:
- A minimum of a master’s degree in educational administration, business, or leadership or a directly related field;
- At least three-years full-time experience in a Continuing Education Unit (or similar experience), with entrepreneurial experience in developing new programs a plus;
- Good knowledge of Trinity’s LMS, Moodle, or a similar LMS. and proficiency with a variety of educational tools and technologies;
- Experience with software, data analysis, and database management systems like Power Campus and Tableau;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to conduct and utilize analysis of continuing education trends and data to inform programming.
- Supervisory experience of professional staff;
- Synchronicity with Trinity’s educational mission and commitment to workforce development in the region.
Trinity Washington University is a comprehensive institution offering a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare students across the lifespan for the intellectual, ethical, and spiritual dimensions of work, civic, and family life. Trinity’s core mission, values, and characteristics demonstrate a 125 year-history of commitment to advancing principles of equity, justice, and honor in the education of women, and women and men in graduate and professional programs. Trinity’s grounding in the mission of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur and the Catholic tradition welcomes persons of all faiths in order to achieve the larger purposes of learning in the human search for meaning and fulfillment.