Director of Recruitment for the College of Arts and Sciences
Trinity Washington University seeks an experienced admissions and recruitment professional with supervisory and sales experience to lead a team of enrollment recruiters in the College of Arts & Sciences, Trinity’s historic women’s college. Celebrating over 125 years, Trinity is a Predominantly Black Institution and a Hispanic Serving Institution located just two miles from Capitol Hill in the nation’s capital.
The Director will report to the Vice President of Admissions, Marketing, and Recruitment and will collaborate with the Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences to achieve enrollment results for undergraduate programs in the College of Arts & Sciences (CAS). The Director will develop and execute an effective recruiting plan that takes advantage of Trinity’s strong network of feeder high schools and educational partners in the Washington region. The Director will model effective recruiting by carrying a caseload of schools and prospects alongside the team of recruiters. The Director will foster and enlarge effective relationships with high school guidance counselors, principals, teachers, coaches, and partners in college access programs. The Director will also organize and execute yield events and create new partnership pipelines to enrollment.
The Director will supervise the recruiting team for CAS and will have a strong collaboration with the Student Success Center in which Academic Advisors are a vital part, Financial Aid/Enrollment Services, Program faculty, student ambassadors, alumnae as needed, and other Admissions Recruiters.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to fulfilling Trinity’s mission as a Catholic institution of higher education with a historic women’s college and designation as a Minority Serving Institution. Candidates must also demonstrate a genuine enthusiasm for recruitment work, respect and appreciation for diversity, and deploy a data-oriented, personable approach to building enrollment growth. Strong oral and written communication talents are essential. Select evening and select weekend work is scheduled well in advance and is a requirement to fulfill the duties of this position successfully.
Located in the Nation’s Capital, Trinity Washington University is a premier, private institution grounded in 125 years of educational excellence and catholic tradition designed for undergraduate women with graduate, professional, and certificate academic programs for all. Trinity Washington University is both highly regarded and highly engaged in the communities it serves. Trinity Washington graduates make great contributions in their work across various industries: Trinity Success Profiles – Trinity Washington University (trinitydc.edu).
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Lead the recruiting team for CAS including carrying a caseload of schools and prospect assignments
- Supervise enrollment recruiters in the College of Arts & Sciences
- Develop, plan, and execute yield events working collaboratively with internal partners
- Oversee recruitment calendar and deployment of recruiting staff in a strategic way to meet enrollment goals
- Use data to track enrollment analytics and target efforts for outreach
- Present information sessions and high-profile presentations for prospective students & families
- Collaborate with the CRM Manager to oversee the Admitted Student Portal
Characteristics of successful candidates:
- Ethical, adhering to high standards of integrity
- Strong sales orientation with demonstrated results
- Capable of using data to direct focus/efforts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to develop a network of relevant relationships with employers and organizations
- Collaborative/Positive and Innovative team player
- Commitment to Trinity’s mission and strategic goals
- Bilingual candidates (in Spanish) are encouraged to apply
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred, along with at least five years of progressively responsible experience in student recruiting in higher education
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- This position requires driving a personal vehicle on behalf of the university; therefore, the incumbent must possess and maintain a current, valid driver’s license. Trinity reimburses mileage and travel expenses.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to: APPLY HERE NOW
Trinity Washington University is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.