Trinity, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, seeks an Accounting Associate who will be part of a dynamic team in the Business Office. This position will report directly to the Associate Controller. Trinity emphasizes excellence and innovation in teaching and learning across a full range of liberal arts and professional disciplines in undergraduate and graduate education. As such, we are looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, who understands and will support Trinity’s mission, is able to prioritize when faced with several important deadlines, and most importantly works well in a team environment.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred but not required.
LEVEL & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE:
- At least two years of relevant experience at a college or nonprofit organization.
- Experience with Great Plains and Power Campus database systems preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers.
- Intermediate proficiency level with Microsoft Excel
- 40 hours per week minimum
- Includes rotation of evening and weekend coverage
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions and Tasks):
- Review gift batches and prepare journal entries.
- Review non PowerCampus cash receipts.
- Prepare all cash and investment account journal entries.
- Prepare monthly grant release journal entries and assist with the preparation of the monthly grant reporting.
- Prepare monthly Title IV reconciliation and corresponding adjusting entries.
- Prepare monthly adjustments for funds held by others.
- Assist Associate Controller with year-end audit tasks as needed.
- Assist with supporting students on all account related inquires.
- Work closely with the Business Office team to serve as a backup for accounts payable, cash receipts, and collections.
- Other duties as assigned.
Trinity Washington University is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.