Head Lacrosse Coach
Trinity (Washington) University, DC– Trinity is an NCAA Division III member. Trinity invites applications and nominations for the part-time position of head coach of women’s lacrosse.
The ideal candidate will assist with gear, equipment and other items needed for the successful launch of the women’s lacrosse program. They will work with the Athletics Director and Assistant Athletic Director to ensure the lacrosse program is compliant for all scheduled competitions. The ideal candidate will have previous experience starting a new program and will possess the required knowledge to run an NCAA women’s lacrosse program.
Additional duties are below:
- Support the mission and vision of Trinity Washington University and the Athletics department
- Comply with all NCAA and department rules, regulations and protocols
- Attend all department meetings and attend department events
- Serve as team representative during away travel, ensure student-athletes represent Trinity in a positive and respectful manner
- Organize and schedule lacrosse practices and contests with Athletic Director
- Conduct player evaluations at the beginning of the season, and coach players of all skill levels
- Lead team practices and encourage participation at conditioning sessions.
- Host team prospect camps and encourage prospective student-athletes to participate in the lacrosse program.
- Provide in-game strategy , encouragement and direction
- Serve as mentor to athletes, helping navigate academic and non-academic issues.
- Oversee activities of assistant coaches and evaluate performance
- Must have demonstrated success in coaching lacrosse at the collegiate or high school level, and/or as a lacrosse player at the college level.
- Bachelor’s degree and previous recruiting experience is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of game rules and coaching techniques
- Leadership and communication skills
Interested candidates should click the “Apply Here Now” link below where you will be re-directed to the online application.
Trinity is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.