Student Account Specialist
Trinity in Washington, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, seeks a Student Accounts Specialist to provide advice and counseling to students concerning their accounts and financial responsibilities. Reporting to the VP Enrollment Services/Associate VP Enrollment Services, the Specialist will be responsible for managing a caseload of student accounts along with developing and delivering financial literacy and financial aid awareness programs for students and families.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A commitment to a student-centered customer service philosophy
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers and students
- Ability to give presentations to groups regarding the college enrollment process
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, employees, and administration
- Ability to prepare financial and other statistical reports
- Working knowledge of personal computer and mainframe applications
- Ability to use a computer, standard office software, and automated office equipment
- Knowledge of federal financial aid programs and familiarity with a university environment preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Education Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Customer Service experience in an office environment required
- Experience in a university environment in student accounts, financial aid, registrar’s office, academic advising or admissions strongly preferred
- 40 hours per week minimum
- Includes regular Saturday and evening hours during Trinity’s business hours: 9am -7pm weekdays and 8am to 2pm on Saturdays
Essential Responsibilities (Functions and Tasks):
- Provide assistance to students, parents, faculty and staff regarding enrollment services information and transactions
- Set up and follow procedures to ensure accurate and timely billing for students and third parties.
- Review assessments and student charges on a daily basis to ensure accuracy. Approve batches for the business office.
- Communicate and interact with customers to provide effective customer service, including receiving, researching and appropriately responding to inquiries regarding their accounts, billing statements, and the University’s policies and procedures, and other related issues.
- Analyze accounts and conduct other research as necessary to respond to inquiries and resolve questions and/or complaints; identify problems or errors in accounts; determine appropriate solutions within established guidelines and implement or refer for action as appropriate.
- Perform return of Title IV calculations for official and unofficial withdrawals
- Bill for and disburse outside scholarships
- Prepare state grant invoices
- Prepare monthly billing and reporting activities.
- Monitor past due accounts. Set up and monitor special payment arrangements with students within guidelines.
- Process and approve student credit-balance refunds.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Answer general questions about the university, admission, registration, financial aid etc.
- Work closely with other administrative offices to assist in the recruitment and retention of students
- Assists with Open Houses, New Student Orientation, and other special campus events as needed. Performs other duties as requested.
Interested candidates should click the “Apply Here Now” link below where you will be re-directed to the online application process.
Trinity is a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C, enrolling undergraduate and graduate students in full time, part time, and weekend programs. We offer a beautiful campus setting and a competitive benefits package. For more information, visit our website at www.trinitydc.edu.
Trinity Washington University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in the workplace without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, and all other categories governed by the laws of the United States and the District of Columbia. Trinity does not engage in discrimination on the basis of any personal characteristics defined by law as prohibited classifications.