Assistant Professor – Nursing Faculty
Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in the Nation’s capital, seeks dynamic nurse educators for Nursing Program within the School of Nursing and Health Professions (NHP) beginning Fall 2022. The University offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN and RN-BSN).
The successful candidate(s) will have at least a Master’s degree from an accredited institution, preference will be given to those with an academic doctoral degree and CNE Certification (Certified Nursing Educator), experience in the area of specialization desired, a minimum of two years of teaching experience in a college/university nursing program, two years recent clinical practice and evidence of continuous professional development is preferred. Specialty areas for consideration include pediatrics, mental health, and medical-surgical nursing.
The candidate must possess a current license (and in good standing) as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the District of Columbia, or eligible to obtain a District of Columbia Registered Nurse license by date of hire.
- Teach up to 4 courses per semester;
- Knowledgeable in curriculum design, development and evaluation;
- Design and implement theoretical, clinical or laboratory instruction;
- Evaluate student achievement of course objectives related to nursing knowledge and practice;
- Proficient in using technology (i.e. ATI, MOODLE, Microsoft Office, Zoom, etc.);
- Provide oversight and evaluation of students in the classroom and clinical setting; and
- Incorporate and participate in simulation.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, a current curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for three (3) professional references to the “Apply Here Now” link below.
Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community among its students, faculty and staff, and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.