Research and Instruction Librarian
Trinity Washington University invites diverse candidates to apply for the recently opened Research & Instruction Librarian position.
The Research & Instruction Librarian takes a leading role in implementing and innovating the Library’s Information Literacy program, one of the flagship initiatives of the library. The librarian in this role will work closely with the University Librarian and other library colleagues to assess and address information literacy needs throughout the University’s many colleges and programs. The Research & Instruction Librarian will have the opportunity to design learning experiences that help students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including first-generation college students and adult learners, become critical and ethical consumers and producers of information. One-shots, one-on-one research consultations, passive learning objects, workshops, and curriculum-building comprise the variety of instruction modes this librarian will be involved with. The librarian will also closely interface with faculty members across in the University to build information literacy and research goals that align with the learning objectives of Trinity’s various programs.
This position is a wonderful opportunity to build on a young information literacy & instruction program with ample latitude to adjust, customize, and innovate instruction. Candidates with a passion for critical pedagogy and liberatory education will be well-suited to this. Early career and new grads are especially encouraged to apply.
The Research & Instruction Librarian supports the University Librarian in planning, directing, and delivering educational and information literacy initiatives in the library by fulfilling the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities.
Assists in the development and implementation of the Trinity Library information literacy curriculum including:
- Assisting in the development and delivery of information literacy programming, including classroom instruction and library workshops
- Managing logistics for information literacy programming, including scheduling and delegating sessions to fellow librarians
- Assisting in identifying, creating, and integrating new technologies in the library instructional programing; assisting in assessment planning and processing
- Assists with the development of library and/or information literacy teaching and learning content for campus faculty
- Assists in the delivery of Trinity library information literacy instruction, including on campus and online classes/“one-shots”, one on one research help, and passive information literacy materials.
- Assists in the selection and adoption of Open Education Resources for the library and University
- Assists with development of educational programming initiatives of the library
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through the Trinity Institute.
- Supports the values of the University: a commitment to the education of women, liberal learning, social justice, and student success.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library school.
- One (1) year of public service experience or equivalent experience.
- Experience using in-print and electronic reference sources, library catalogs, and databases.
- Familiarity with information literacy concepts such as those presented in the ACRL’s Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education.
- An understanding (developed through formal coursework, personal study, or professional experience) of key concepts in instructional design, learning theory, pedagogy, curriculum development, and/or assessment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent reference interview skills.
Interested candidates may click the “Apply Here Now” link below to be re-directed to the online application where you will submit a cover letter and resume.
Trinity is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.