Procedures to Apply for Financial Aid

1) Complete the FAFSA


The FAFSA opens each year on October 1.

Things to Remember:

  • You will need your FSA ID to sign your FAFSA. This ID is required for signing all federal aid documents, so once you create your FSA ID, keep the information because you will need it as long as you are in school.
  • If you are dependent, your parents will also need to create an FSA ID to sign your FAFSA.
  • Trinity’s school code is 001460.

2) Submit Any Additional Documents If Required (Not required for every student)

Contact the Office of Enrollment Services if you are notified that you are missing documents and they will advise you on what you need to submit for packaging.

3) Accept your awards by signing your award letter.

Ways to Sign and Submit Your Award Letter:

  • Log in to my financial and accept through the My Financial Aid portal
  • Print the award letter, manually sign it (by hand, not electronic), and email a PDF of the signed award letter to
  • Visit the Office of Enrollment Services and sign the letter in person.

4) Complete entrance counseling and sign a master promissory note (for first time borrowers).

  • You will need your FSA ID and Trinity’s school code (001460) to complete entrance counseling and the master promissory note.
  • No loans will disburse until you have completed entrance counseling AND signed the master promissory note.

Did you know?

Students must complete a new financial aid application for each school year. You should complete your FAFSA early each spring for the school year that starts the following fall.  You can start your FAFSA as early as January 1.