Q. What is the difference between Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans?

  • Subsidized:The federal government pays the interest on a subsidized loan as long as the student is in school at least half-time. After the student drops below half-time or leaves school, interest will begin to accrue.
  • Unsubsidized: Interest begins to accrue from the moment an unsubsidized loan is disbursed. 

Q. How does my parent apply for a parent PLUS loan?



Q.How do I accept my awards online?

1.) Log in to My Financial Aid through Trinity Self Service.2.) Select the menu drop down on the left-hand side of the page and select “Accept Awards.”


3.) Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and accept and/or decline awards as desired. Click submit.

Q. How do I get my Tax Return Transcript?

  • You can order a tax return transcript by completing the 4506-T form linked below.

Tax Return Transcript

Q. How do I set up a payment plan?

  • Students can set up a Nelnet Payment Plan by logging clicking on the shopping cart for Trinity Self-Service and selecting Payment Plans under My Finances.”


Q. How do I link my tax information to the FAFSA using the Data Retrieval Tool?

  • Select Link to IRS


  • Proceed to the IRS Site


  • Enter your information exactly as it appears on the tax return for the required year. Click submit.


Q. Who do I contact if I have questions about repaying my federal direct loan?

Note: You will need your FSA ID to log in.