How do I register for classes? Which ones should I take?
- Both new and returning students should make an appointment to speak with their assigned advisor or another professional advisor in their collegial unit. The professional advising team also host Registration Rush events where you can speak with a professional advisor. Not sure who to speak to – email firstname.lastname@example.org and they can tell you!)
- Together you and your advisor will look at your Program of Study which tells you what courses you need to take and the Course Schedule for the upcoming semester. You will select courses that fit with your schedule and that fulfill the requirements you have left to take, keeping you on track for completing your degree.
- Once you’ve selected the courses you’ll take, use Self-Service to register for them. You should put the courses you have chosen in your cart and then when registration officially opens (this date is on the Academic Calendar) you should log back in and finish registering for them. Your advisor will be notified and will approve the registration request. First time using self-service or forgotten hour it works? Check out our how-to guide!
- If a course is full you may be given the chance to be put on a waitlist in case a spot opens up. Spots in courses do often become available so if it’s a class you need or want then consider going on the waitlist and then keep a close eye on your Trinity email for notification of a spot.
- Once your schedule is finalized you should make sure that you talk to Enrollment Services to make a payment plan for that semester. You can see your account balance, make a payment, and see details of you financial aid in Self-Service.