Cap and Gown 2012 Weekend
Saturday, September 22 – Sunday, September 23, 2012
On Cap and Gown Weekend, members of the senior class (undergraduate students who have achieved senior status by earning 92 credits or more) wear their caps and gowns for the first time and are officially recognized as seniors. Also on Cap and Gown Weekend, the first year class receives its new class banner as part of the Courtyard Sing tradition.
Trinity graduate and international attorney Michelle Mitchell ’06 will give the keynote remarks at Cap and Gown Convocation and receive the Washington Woman of Genius Award.
Seniors should carefully review the letter from the Dean of Student Services for important information regarding this special weekend. Seniors with questions about Cap and Gown Weekend may contact Dean Michele Bowie at 202-884-9611. Caps and gowns may be purchased from the Trinity Bookstore during regular business hours, Monday thru Saturday, up to Cap and Gown Weekend.
The entire university community, families and friends are welcome to share these traditions with our senior class and their families. All students are encouraged to come out in force to support our seniors!
Schedule of Events
Saturday, September 22
- Robing in O’Connor Auditorium at 4:30 pm
- Cap and Gown Convocation in the Trinity Center at 5:00 pm; families, friends and members of the Trinity community are welcome
- President’s Reception following Convocation
Sunday, September 23
- Robing in O’Connor Auditorium at 9:15 am
- Mass at 10:00 am; families, friends and members of the Trinity community are welcome
- Brunch in Alumnae Hall following mass (must purchase $10 tickets for guests in the Dean of Student Services Office, Main 223)
- Courtyard Sing for all classes in Seymour Court at 12:30 pm