From the Dean of Student Services
The Trinity community is preparing to formally welcome the Red Class of 2024 to senior status during Cap and Gown Convocation on Saturday, October 28, 2023. You have earned senior standing, based on having earned 88 or more credits to date at Trinity.
As Trinity continues to celebrate our founding 125 years ago, Cap and Gown Convocation invites all those with Senior Standing to participate in a presentation of seniors. Cap and Gown Convocation will take place on Saturday October 28, 2023 at 10:00am. Seniors will gather with their regalia in O’Connor Auditorium at 9:00am.
At Cap and Gown, members of the senior class wear their caps and gowns for the first time and are officially recognized by Trinity as seniors. This important campus tradition dates back to when the very first class to graduate from Trinity, the Red Class of 1904, gathered in fall 1903.
Schedule of Events: Saturday October 28, 2023:
• Senior Robing in the Main Hall at 9:00am
• Processional to the Notre Dame Chapel at 9:50am
• Cap and Gown Convocation in Notre Dame Chapel begins at 10:00am
• Senior Lunch in Alumnae Dining Hall following Convocation at 12:00pm *ticket required
- RSVP to participate! The RSVP form will be open September 28, 2023 through Friday October 20, 2023. Please RSVP to indicate your participation in Cap and Gown and / or the Senior Lunch on or before the Friday October 20th deadline. You are able to invite up to 2 guests to attend in person at the Chapel and for lunch, please indicate the guests on the RSVP form.
- Purchase Cap and Gown and Tickets. In order to participate, you must wear regalia. Please purchase your regalia at the Business Office (Main 114). The cost is $32.00. Payments can be made via cash, check or credit card. You can begin purchasing on Tuesday October 10, 2023, and the last day to purchase is Friday October 27, 2023. All participating Seniors will receive 1 ticket for lunch, and have the option to purchase up to 2 tickets, at $10 each for up to 2 family members to attend lunch following Cap and Gown in Alumnae Dining Hall.
- Pick up your Cap and Gown/Tickets. Once you have purchased your Cap and Gown, you will be able to pick it up from Student Affairs, Main Hall room 223. You can also pick up your lunch ticket (s) if purchased. Distribution will occur Tuesday October 10 through Friday October 27, 2023. Last day to pickup your regalia and tickets is Friday October 27th, 2023 by 5:00pm.
We hope that you will be able to join us for this very special event. If you have any questions concerning the events, please feel free to call Dean Meechie Bowie’s office at (202) 884-9611 or e-mail her at email@example.com. We look forward to celebrating with you.
Michele Bowie, Dean of Student Services
Dr. Karen Gerlach, Vice President for Student Affairs