Cap and Gown Weekend 2009
Saturday, September 26 – Sunday, September 27, 2009
Cap and Gown is one of Trinity’s most cherished traditions. More than 100 years old, it is one of the most memorable moments in the lives of our seniors. Cap and Gown Weekend includes Cap and Gown Convocation on Saturday, and Cap and Gown Mass on Sunday, followed by brunch and a Courtyard Sing.
On Cap and Gown Weekend, members of the senior class (undergraduate students who have achieved senior status by earning 92 credits or more) receive their caps and gowns. According to the traditions at Trinity, once seniors receive their academic regalia, they have the privilege of wearing their caps and gowns to class and at all official functions throughout the year. Also on Cap and Gown Weekend, the First Year Class (Red Class of 2012!) receives its new class banner as part of the Courtyard Sing tradition.
Seniors should carefully review the letter from the Dean of Students for important information regarding this traditional event plus senior year deadlines relating to graduation.
The entire university community, families and friends are welcome to share these traditions with our senior class and their families. All students are encouraged to come out in force to support our seniors!
Subject to change.
Thursday, September 17 & Friday, September 18
- Purchase Caps and Gowns in the Bookstore ($27.65), 11:00am – 6:30pm
Friday, September 25
- Rehearsal for Cap and Gown in O’Connor Auditorium, 5pm
- Senior Portraits in Rose Parlor, 3:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday, September 26
- Arrival and Robing in O’Connor Auditorium at 4:30pm
- Convocation in The Trinity Center at 5:00pm
- President’s Reception following Convocation
Sunday, September 27
- Arrival and Robing in O’Connor at 9:15 am
- Mass in the Notre Dame Chapel at 10 am
- Brunch in Alumnae Hall following ceremony
- Courtyard Sing for All Classes in Seymour Court at 12:30 p.m.