Cunneen Fellowship Application
Sr. Seton Cunneen ’65 Summer Service Fellowship
The Sr. Seton Cunneen ’65 Summer Service Fellowship (Cunneen Fellowship) was established in 1996 to honor the work and commitment of Sr. Seton Cunneen SND ’65, former Campus Minister and faculty member at Trinity. Funded by the Maurice R. Robinson Foundation, the Cunneen Fellowship offers Trinity students the opportunity to participate in a paid ten-week community service internship as a way of exploring social issues and making a commitment to serve the good of the community.
- Attend an Information Meeting with Sr. Ann Howard
- Submit the following materials to the Campus Ministry Office (Main 224) no later than Thursday March 17, 2022 for consideration for the Summer 2022 fellowship:
- Cunneen Fellowship Summer 2022 Application (available at the information session and outside Campus Ministry office)
- Essay response to the questions included on the application
- Current resume (include work, co-curricular and service activities)
- One letter of recommendation – from a Trinity faculty or staff member
- Schedule an interview for the week of April 4-8 2022, if selected to move on in the process.
- Receive final notification from selection committee by April 13, 2022.
Participant Criteria: All CAS full-time students who will graduate no earlier than Spring 2023 and are in good disciplinary and academic standing (minimum 3.2 GPA) are invited to apply.
Placement Site Criteria: Applicants may choose from but are not limited to any number of Trinity’s community partners. Applicants may choose an organization in an interest area such as poverty, domestic violence, political/human rights and trafficking, community development, etc. The internship is a 40 hour, per week, 10 week commitment. As such, it must be with an organization that can provide the Cunneen Fellow significant contact with members of agency staff and the community served, as well as exposure to larger social issues. The placement site is expected to provide orientation, on-going direction and supervision for the Fellow. All placement sites must operate in keeping with the principles of Catholic Social Teaching: human dignity, right to participation, human rights and responsibilities, solidarity, preferential option for the poor, etc., and be approved by Trinity’s Director of Campus Ministry.
Award: $4,500 for the 10-week internship.
For more information on this opportunity or to pick up an Cunneen Fellowship Application Summer 2022, please contact Campus Ministry at (202) 884-9608.