Donald’s 21 points Earns a Spot on Tigers Record Board in Fall to PSU Mont Alto
WASHINGTON DC— Mazia Donald scored a career high of 21 points against the Nittany Lions, ranking her number seven for most points scored in a single game in Tiger history! The Tigers were still not able to come out with the victory, 36-75.
“I ran in the paint more. I shot more,” said the focused freshman, Donald, when asked what changes she made to improve her performance this week.
Need to Know
Inside the numbers…
- Mazia Donald led the Tigers with 21 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 steals.
- Andrea Golli, Davia Cain, and Heaven Thomas chipped in with 8, 5, and 2 points, respectively.
- The Tigers were 100% from the free-throw line in the first half, making 5-5 of their shots; a first for the Tigers this season.
- Overall, the Tigers were 31% in field goals, 25% from the three-point range, and 78% in made free-throws.
Play by Play details…
- The Nittany Lions scored the first seven points before Davia Cain made her first free-throw shot of the game at the 6:11 mark.
- PSU went on a ten-point run while Trinity managed to close the gap by capitalizing on four free-throws and three good jumpers; closing the first quarter at 11-17.
- Donald led the Tigers in the second quarter with a drive to the basket for two points and a good three pointer. However, PSU dominated the second quarter outscoring the Tigers by 15 points and stretching their lead to 39-16 at the end of the half.
- The Tigers put up a pair of shots by Mazia Donald and Davia Cain at the 6:41 and 3:01 marks of the third quarter, respectively, ending the third quarter with a score of 21-60.
- Donald dominated the final quarter scoring eleven of the fifteen points scored by the Tigers, ending the game with a final score of 36-75.
Donald is just scratching the surface as she “plan(s) on breaking 21 points and being more confident in my ball handling.”
Mazia Donald and the Tigers will take on the Bryn Mawr Owls on Wednesday, Jan. 15th at 7:00 PM. Tune into the live stats and video: