Many Ways to Give—All Gifts Matter!
No matter how you choose to give, your gift matters!
There are many ways to support Trinity, though we always encourage donors to think of the Annual Fund first and foremost.
Online gifts to the Trinity Annual Fund will provide the most effective and immediate support of our everyday, critical needs. It is fast, convenient, and secure.
Annual Fund support is the most flexible and essential funding for Trinity, and while unrestricted, you can opt to have your annual gift dedicated solely to scholarship support (just note AF Scholarship on your check or in the drop-down menu for online gifts).
Annual Fund gifts can also designated as Tribute and Memorial Gifts made in memory or honor of a family member or loved one, or for a professor or classmate who made your experience at Trinity extra special. All gifts in honor or memory of another will be acknowledged to the donor and a note sent to the honoree, as appropriate.
Below are different options for making your gift or pledge to Trinity:
- Online Credit or Debit Card donations can be made using Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover and put your gift into action immediately. The most common gifts made online are for Annual Fund, Annual Fund Scholarship, and Reunion Class Gifts.
- By Check, make payable to Trinity Washington University and mail to: Trinity Washington University, Office of Development, 125 Michigan Avenue NE, Suite 380, Washington DC, 20017. Cash wire transfer information can be found below.
- Gifts of Stock and Securities can help you to reduce capital gains taxes on the increase in value of your stock. In addition, you receive a tax deduction for the full fair market value of the stock on the date of the stock transfer. Download, fill out, and return this “Gift of Stock” form.
Electronic Stock Transfer
Please contact Trinity’s Development Office with the name and number of the stock shares you are donating and the date of transfer. It is critical that Trinity is provided with this information to ensure accuracy and promptness in crediting each gift. The information below will be helpful in completing your transaction.
Trinity’s Brokerage Bank
Fund Evaluation Group/Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
205 West Fourth Street, Suite 810
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc
DTC # 0164
Account Number: 8959-8731
Account Name: Trinity College
- Gifting a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from an individual retirement arrangement (IRA) directly to Trinity can have certain advantages as well and IRA account holders who were at least age 70.5 as of Dec. 31, 2019, can contribute some or all of their IRAs to charity.
- For Planned Giving and Bequest information, please contact Patrick D. Kellogg, firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-884-9721.
- Gifts by Cash Wire Transfer may be preferable to writing a check for some donors.
- ACH/Wire Instructions
Please contact Trinity’s Development Office with the name and date of transfer. It is critical that Trinity is provided with this information to ensure accuracy and promptness in crediting each gift. For brokerage and account information, please contact: Patrick Kellogg, VP for Development at: 202-884-9721 or email at: email@example.com
- Employer Matching Gift Programs offer an effective way to maximize your giving to Trinity. Many companies will match your gift to Trinity, dollar for dollar, and some companies will triple your gift. Check with your company’s Human Resources department to find out if your employer matches charitable gifts. If so, obtain a matching gift form and send it to Trinity with your gift. Trinity will file for the match and let you know when it is received. (Retirees are also often eligible to have their donation matched, so check with your former employer.) Matching gift programs make it easy to turn your $250 gift into $500, $750 or even $1,000!
Trinity’s Tax ID# is 53-0196640.
To receive more information or if you have questions, please contact the Development Office at (202) 884-9720 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.