Coronavirus: Summer Updates
The Trinity community continues to persevere during this unprecedented time. Summer semester classes are underway and continue to be taught remotely. All services are available virtually. Trinity’s senior staff are closely monitoring the situation in D.C. and nearby Maryland and Virginia. Virtual Graduation Celebrations were held May 13-15, via Zoom. President McGuire hosted these interactive sessions. Watch the videos!
Trinity posted its reopening plan, as of June 8, 2020: Trinity Renaissance 2020 – Principles, Framework and Plans for Reopening Trinity’s Campus in Response to the Covid-19 Pandemic. This plan guides Trinity’s work in planning the best possible methods for reopening the campus and moving forward with changes in programs, pedagogy, staffing, technology and other aspects of campus life. Read more here.
Important Status Updates: June 2020
- Summer semester classes are underway and are all being delivered virtually. Students, please go to your Moodle course websites to get the instructions for each course, and please read all of the messages that deans and faculty are sending.
- Trinity welcomes your application for admission! The Admissions Office is processing applications, receiving transcripts and responding to questions. Enrollment Services is processing financial aid packages. For more information, check out the Admissions FAQs, learn more about our degree programs and affordable tuition at a virtual information session, and apply online – there’s no fee to apply!
- All offices and services remain fully available online! Our staff are all working remotely and eager to support whatever you need. Trinity’s hours are Monday – Friday, 10 am – 4 pm. Please consult the web page for any department you need and you can find the email, phone numbers and other information necessary. You can reach out to your advisor and many services through Starfish.
- Registration for Fall 2020 classes is happening now! Register online using Self-Service, and contact your advisor.
- CARES Act Grants to Students: In response to Covid-19, the CARES Act includes financial grants for students. Trinity has reached capacity on extended funding as of June 5, 2020. Applications are no longer being accepted. Read Trinity’s Compliance Statement for CARES Act Funds.
- Trinity continues to provide essential services on campus: Security, housekeeping and facilities, mail services. Transcripts are being processed, the business office is processing tuition payments and paying vendor invoices. Human Resources is processing payroll on schedule.
- Main Hall remains accessible for wifi and computers for students who need that access — enter through the basement by the security desk and please show your ID. Faculty and staff members who need to access your offices may still do so.
- Closed: Dining services, residence halls, Trinity Center and all buildings are closed, except for Main Hall.
- Bookstore and Library are closed at their physical locations but are available online.
- While the building is closed, the Trinity Center offers exercise, stretching and other classes via Zoom – keep an eye on your e-mail for links.
- The Trinity Metro Shuttle service to and from the Brookland Metro Station has been suspended until further notice.
- Reunion has been postponed; we are still working out details.