The mentoring program is an equity-minded community of support with a first-generation perspective that creates meaningful connections among undergraduates, faculty, and staff.
Through mentorship relationships, you’ll enhance your intellectual and personal skills, build your network, gain leadership skills, improve your career readiness and prepare for graduate school.
This race-conscious mentoring program embraces your race, identity, and background and highlights your resiliency in your higher education.
Benefits for Mentors
- Develop transferable skills that will enable them to transition into the workplace successfully
- Participate in leadership development opportunities that will focus on personal and career growth
- Develop professional connections and a supportive network at Trinity
- Practice and develop effective work habits and a professional image for future workforce opportunities
Benefits for Mentees
- Build connections with campus communities to create a network of support and their communal voice
- Become aware of campus resources to navigate their university experience successfully
- Develop the knowledge and skills to thrive at Trinity
- Participate in leadership development activities that will focus on personal values and leadership development
- Be an active participant in the monthly networking sessions.
- Attend monthly Peer Mentor Meetings.
- Plan social and academic activities with your mentee.
- Complete monthly check-in log.
- Connect mentees with networking opportunities related to their interest.
- Refer mentees to campus and academic/career resources.
- Share knowledge about professional opportunities.
- Meet with the mentees once a month.