School of Nursing & Health Professions (NHP)
Trinity’s School of Nursing and Health Professions educates health care leaders who make a difference in their patients’ lives and in the health care of our communities.
Why Choose Trinity?
- The most affordable tuition of any private institution of higher learning in the District of Columbia
- Fabulous faculty committed to your success
- Small class sizes where people know your name
- Staff eager to help you
- Students get selected for summer externships at DC hospitals
- Students study, work with, and learn from people from diverse backgrounds
- Clinical, fieldwork, and internships experiences allow students to apply their course work in everyday settings
- Students participate in professional organizations
Graduates enter professional practice where they can:
- Improve people’s quality of life
- Provide people with access to good health care
- Are employed in hospitals, clinics, wellness facilities, rehabilitation centers and other healthcare practices.
Student Learning Outcomes
In the classroom and clinical practice Trinity’s health service, nursing, and occupational therapy graduates in the School of Nursing and Health Professions are expected to meet learning outcomes that:
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
- Apply evidence based practice within a professional context
- Demonstrate critical thinking as evidenced by the delivery of safe, ethical and legal care as a member of an interprofessional health care team
- Demonstrate leadership in the healthcare field
- Successfully attain professional licensure or certification
Trinity allied health students take advantage of clinical experiences in and around Washington, DC. A partial listing of our partnerships include:
- Children’s National Health System
- National Rehabilitation Hospital
- Sibley Hospital
- Washington Hospital Center
- Trinity Center for Women and Girls in Sports
Occupational Therapy Programs
For graduate students who wish to become professional counselors:
Public Health Programs
Trinity’s academic programs in Public Health offer a complete academic journey from certificate to an advanced degree.
Learn more about the programs in this sequence: