Educating for the Possibilities…
Trinity offers a education program for your specific interest and career:
- Interested in being a teacher?
- A school administrator?
- Are you passionate about changing education policy and practice so that all learners, clients, and communities are best served?
Graduates of Trinity’s education programs are routinely recognized for their excellence in improving the lives and the institutions with which they are involved. We’ve recently celebrated one of our graduates as principal of the year!
All School of Education programs are approved by the DC State Education Agency, Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE), and meet requirements for state certification.
The School of Education’s graduate-level classes fit into the complex lives of working professionals. Evening and weekend classes – taught by practitioners active in their fields – give you the most up-to-date knowledge and strategies to ensure a successful transition to your chosen profession. We are one of the best deals in town with the affordable cost of $810 per credit hour for a 36 credit graduate degree that you can complete in two years for $29,160.
Dr. Karen Rogers, Associate Dean of Education, describes Trinity’s degree options.
Trinity’s initial-license and advanced-level Education programs are accredited by Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Individual teacher preparation programs hold recognition from Specialized Professional Associations, as follows:
- Early Childhood Education: the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Educational Administration: the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC)
- Elementary Education: the Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI)
- Special Education: the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)