Conway Scholars Selection
Trinity Washington University is pleased to announce that the application period is now open for the Joanne and William Conway Scholarship Program for high-achieving, low-income students who intend to enter the nursing profession. Established in 2013, the Conway Scholars program provides scholarships to young women from the District of Columbia, Prince George’s or Montgomery Counties who have high potential to complete a nursing degree at Trinity in four or five years.
- Conway Scholars enroll in Trinity’s School of Nursing and Health Professions as first-time full-time pre-nursing freshwomen.
- Conway Scholars must meet all requirements for full entrance into the nursing major by the end of their sophomore year.
- Preferred candidates will have a high school cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 and a science/math grade point average of 2.75.
- Candidates for the Conway Scholars Program must demonstrate financial need.
- Candidates who meet the criteria and who are residents of the District of Columbia, Prince George’s County or Montgomery County, and are Pell eligible will receive preference in selection.
- Conway Scholars must be able to live on campus at least throughout their first year of enrollment.
Thanks to the generosity of Joanne and William Conway’s foundation, the Conway Scholarships will award $10,000 per year for up to five years of enrollment so long as the student continues to achieve at the high levels expected at entrance. With the Conway Scholarships and Trinity’s own Leadership Scholarships and other financial aid resources, Trinity will provide a financial aid package up to the total cost of enrollment depending upon the student’s financial need. The package will include federal loans, Pell Grants, and grants from state and local sources.
Students may apply to the Conway Scholarship program, be nominated by principals or their designees, or be selected for consideration by Trinity from among current applicants to the College of Arts and Sciences. Candidates will be evaluated on writing ability, oral expression, comportment and ability to present oneself to nursing faculty, and personal characteristics affecting one’s eligibility to participate in clinical education. For more information contact ConwayScholars@trinitydc.edu
Additional Trinity Nursing Scholarships!
Trinity offers additional nursing scholarships for strong students interested in nursing who may not meet the Conway eligibility criteria. These scholarships are of particular interest to students who do not live in D.C., Prince George’s County or Montgomery County. Contact Trinity’s Admissions Office for more information! email@example.com
Apply to the Conway Scholarship Program
Congratulations on your interest! Please be sure to complete these applications:
Trinity has additional Nursing Scholarships available! Contact our Admissions Office:
Nominate a Student
High school principals and their designees are invited to nominate high-achieving students for consideration for the Conway Scholars Program.