How do I delete an item from the main page of my course?
To delete an activity or a resource from the main page of your course, you follow the instructions below.
- Login to Moodle and click on the course in which you wish to delete the item.
- From the main page of your course, click on the purple, ‘Turn editing on’ button near the upper right corner.
- Scroll down to the item you wish to delete. Click on the ‘Edit’ drop-down menu to the right of the item you wish to delete.
- From the drop-down menu which appears, click the ‘Delete’ option.
- Confirm that you wish to delete the item in question.
- Now the item has been deleted.
NOTE: If you delete an activity or resource and realize you did not want to delete, you can recover it within 7 days of the initial deletion from the “Recycle bin.” Click on the gray “Edit” gear wheel in the upper right of the main page of the course. Choose the “Recycle bin” option.
Locate the item you wish to restore. Click the icon in the “Restore” column to restore it.You will receive a message that the activity/resource been restored. You can head back to the main page of the course by click on the “Back to Course” link.
If you wish to remove text in the General, Weekly, or Topic description:
- From the main page of your course, click on the gray ‘edit’ gear wheel in the upper right corner of the main page.
- From the drop-down menu which appears, click on the ‘Turn editing on’ option.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ drop-down for the week or topic from which you wish to remove the text.
- Click on the ‘Edit topic’ or ‘Edit week,’ as appropriate.
- Delete the text in question from the text field.
- Save your changes.
- Now the text has been deleted.