Student Activities Coordinator
Student Activities Coordinator
The Student Activities Coordinator at Trinity Washington University, is a part-time, 12-month, 20 hour per week, live-in professional staff member with Student Affairs. This position includes room and board compensation along with hourly pay.
The Student Activities Coordinator will primarily work in the Dean of Student Services Office to assist with department-wide initiatives. The Student Activities Coordinator will work a set work schedule in the Dean’s office and will have rotating on-duty responsibilities with Campus Housing. The Student Activities Coordinator is expected to be a positive role model for students, be visible and accessible to student leaders and residents.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in an appropriate area of specialization
- Experience working in Campus Activities preferred
- Prior live-in experience as a Resident Assistant or similar role preferred
- Experience working with diverse, urban college women first generation college students
- Candidates should have computer competency and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
RESPONSIBILITIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Create a positive and welcoming environment for all campus residents
- Participate in the year-round duty rotation within the Office of Campus Housing (8 duty days a month – @ 5-week days and 3-week end days).
- Confront and address code of conduct violations within the residence halls
- Respond to and resolve emergency and non-emergency situations as an on-call live-in campus housing professional.
- Coordinate at least 2 programs per semester for residents based on Campus Housing Program model. Programs should be grounded with learning outcomes.
- Development programs and events to engage the campus community
- Assist with planning and implementation of Trinity traditions and Student Affairs sponsored events and programs.
- Assist in the promotion of activities, including flyers, website and social media accounts for Student Affairs
- Assist with various all staff events including: Commencement, Move in, Move out, Hall opening and closing.
- Assist with various activities during summer months such as graduation, conference services, professional development activities, Admissions open houses, CAS summer registration events, fall training planning, as well as fall orientation and move in planning
- Other duties as assigned
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Hourly Pay
- Full meal plan (19 meals/week with $75 flex dollars) during the fall and spring semester while school is in session. (Please note that meals are not provided when dining services is closed)
- Partially furnished apartment with kitchen and private bathroom
- Free on campus parking
Please submit a letter of application and c.v. to the “Apply Here Now” ink below where you will be re-directed to the online application.
Trinity Washington University is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.