Director of Conference Services
The Director of Conference Services reports to the Executive Director for Conference & Event Sales. The Director is responsible for providing planning, coordination and operational management for all aspects of campus events including summer conferences, and events during the academic year for on-campus and external clients. In support of Trinity’s mission, this position will work with the Executive Director to market and sell the use of University facilities within the greater Washington, DC area to generate budgeted revenue goals.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters preferred
LEVEL & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE:
The Director of Conference Services should hold a bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of successful experience with conference services and event planning. Higher education and catering experience is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills with emphasis on professional representation of the university
• Strong understanding and delivery of customer service
• Ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple activities and tasks
PART III: DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND TASKS:
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions and Tasks):
The ideal candidate will be extremely detail oriented, has strong administrative and organizational skills, and most importantly has strong verbal, written and listening communication skills. The greatest attention to outstanding customer service is also required.
• Minimum of 40 hours a week is required
• Evening and weekend hours required on occasion and expected especially during the summer.
• Regular Saturday office hours are normally required within a 40 day work week.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Coordinate all internal university events that require space as well as work with numerous offices to coordinate all internal university events.
• Manage all event support and serve as the liaison to catering, facilities, security and IT for all University events
• Work with Executive Director to service all external rentals. Will act as University representative to implement all external events and activities. Will work with other university departments including catering, facilities, security and business office to implement external events.
• Rental of residence hall guest quarter space as available
• Provide services needed for each conference or event to ensure customer satisfaction
• Work with appropriation external vendors to service contracts including florists, linen service, party rentals and decor companies.
• Assist in the creation and editing of marketing and sales promotional material such as brochures, web pages, mailing materials, etc., to increase the visibility of the University to internal and external groups.
• Supervision and training of work study students and summer Conference Assistants
• Process all non-academic requests for space for University constituents
• Handle customer complaints and correspondence
• Ensure that all legal, health and all other regulations are followed
• Have active communication with staff, colleagues and supervisors
• Assist with marketing for programs and events
• Assist with internal events such as Commencement, Alumni Reunion, Class Traditions, Convocation and other university events deemed necessary
• Work with Business Office to process and track event payments and receipts
NONESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions & Tasks):
• Any and all other duties of similar nature and character to those mentioned above
CAMPUS COMMUNITY EVENTS PARTICIPATION:
• It is expected that all staff will want to participate and contribute to the success of official events, including, but not limited to, Commencement and Convocation.
• The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential tasks of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing duties for this job, the employee is regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
• The employee is frequently required to sit and may occasionally have to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions.
• Fast paced and professional work environment
• Employee must be able to work efficaciously under pressure, effectively managing competing demands
To apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and current resume to the “Apply Now to this Position” link below.
Trinity Washington University is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.