Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C., has an immediate opening for an Assistant Registrar. Reporting to the Registrar the Assistant Registrar is key to the support system of the Office of Enrollment Services.
The Assistant Registrar will oversee and coordinate the daily operations involved in the maintenance of graduation processing, transfer credit evaluation, and data entry; to include working with the Office of Admissions to streamline the transfer credit process at the time of admission. This position will also serve as a primary contact point for graduation inquiries, transfer credit processing and equivalency database, and academic plan maintenance. With an emphasis on service, efficiency, and use of technology, the Assistant Registrar will assist the Registrar in streamlining overall processes and services for the graduation and transfer credit functions of the Enrollment Services Office.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
LEVEL & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE:
- Proven management, communication, organizational and technology skills.
- Two to three years of progressively responsible experience in higher education, preferably in a registrar or enrollment services office.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with student information systems such as Banner, PowerCampus, PeopleSoft, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and prior administrative experience in student records management, transfer evaluation, graduation processing, commencement planning, degree audit maintenance, and knowledge about current trends, regulations, and issues in higher education pertaining to academic records.
- Customer service experience required.
- Candidate must have knowledge of procedures within a college/university setting and the ability to provide student-focused services to a diverse population.
PART III: DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Develop procedures for maintenance of transfer evaluations, transfer credit processes and procedures, as well as the transfer credit equivalency database.
- Provide timely and concise transfer credit evaluations for undergraduate and graduate students from official transcripts, CLEP, AP, IB, and international evaluations.
- Manage tasks related to graduation; including graduation application, graduation audits, graduation timeline, student notification, and commencement planning.
- Work with Office of Admissions to ensure an efficient process between admissions and transcript evaluation through to enrollment.
- Develop and maintain processes related to academic plans and degree audits, in conjunction with the Registrar and Academic Affairs.
- In conjunction with the Registrar, oversee aspects related to grade maintenance; including interim and final grade submission, incomplete grades and missing grades.
- In conjunction with the Registrar, produce academic standing and Deans list reports for review by Academic Affairs.
- Manage the student records system to ensure a smooth response to, and efficient delivery of, routine requests for service.
- Support web-based registration, the tracking of student status, and respond to individual student registration issues.
- Collect, maintain, and release records in compliance with federal, state and institutional policies
- Provide assistance with student inquiries via phone, email, and fax.
- Supervise organization of archived records and transcripts.
- Insure that all release of student information is in strict adherence to federal and institutional policy specifically safeguarding the student rights under FERPA.
- Work closely with other college administrative offices to assist in the recruitment and retention of students.
- Maintain and update enrollment services webpages, procedure manuals, and supporting documents.
- Provide training on the student information system to administrators.
- Special projects as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the “Apply Here Now” link below and you will be redirected to our online application.
Trinity Washington University is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.