Pediatric Nurse Educator
Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in the Nation’s capital, offering a broad range of educational programs that prepare students across the lifespan for the intellectual, ethical and spiritual dimensions of contemporary work, civic and family life seeks a dynamic Pediatric Nurse Educator within the School of Nursing and Health Professions.
The 12-month Nursing Program Faculty member (Assistant Professor – non tenure-track) is responsible for teaching both didactic and clinical instruction in the Baccalaureate Nursing Degree (BSN) Program. Teaching responsibilities include traditional face to face format with online supplement in the traditional day format and simulation experience. This position focuses on pediatric nursing. Faculty participate in committees, student advising, nursing program initiatives and University community activities.
Faculty members are expected to: prepare, teach, and assess student progress in each course taught; seek continuous improvement in student-centered learning and teaching methodology; remain current in discipline; maintain scheduled office hours; create a yearly professional development plan; participate with other faculty members in developing and managing courses, curricula, and academic policy.
- Current unencumbered DC RN license;
- Master’s degree in Nursing;
- Teaching experience at the college/university level;
- Pediatric experience required with medical/surgical background highly desirable;
- Recent clinical experience; and
- Knowledge of simulation activities;
- Provide didactic and clinical instruction to admitted nursing students;
- As Course Lead, collaborate with adjunct faculty assigned nursing courses;
- In collaboration with the Director of Simulation conducts simulation experiences.
- Participate in Nursing Program Committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit credentials to the “Apply Here Now” link below where you will be re-directed to the online application. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Trinity Washington University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in the workplace without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, and all other categories governed by the laws of the United States and the District of Columbia. Trinity does not engage in discrimination on the basis of any personal characteristics defined by law as prohibited classifications.