Employment Recruitment Manager
Trinity Washington University, located in the Nation’s Capital, seeks an experienced and accomplished Employment Recruitment Manager. Trinity Washington University is a premier, private institution grounded in 125 years of educational excellence and catholic tradition designed for undergraduate women with graduate, professional and certificate academic programs for all. Trinity Washington University is both highly regarded and highly engaged in the communities it serves. Trinity Washington graduates make great contributions in their work across various industries: Trinity Success Profiles – Trinity Washington University (trinitydc.edu)
The Recruitment Manager provides oversight and leads in the development of recruitment and retention functions that contribute to the achievement of Trinity’s Strategic Plan by: proactively partnering with hiring managers to source and recruit candidates; facilitating needs and staffing analyses; using data to measure hiring trends and turnover, and providing guidance and advice on recruitment and retention issues in a way that is planned and integrated with the business needs and challenges of Trinity and its stakeholders. The Recruitment Manager reports to the Executive Director of Human Resources.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Human Resources Management, Business Management or related field
- Masters degree in related discipline is preferred
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification is preferred
LEVEL & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE:
- Five to seven years high volume and/or corporate recruitment, higher education recruitment or related human resources experience
- Generalist experience preferred
- Working knowledge of ADP’s Workforce Now platform preferred, and specifically current working knowledge of the Workforce Now Talent Management module, preferred.
- Bilingual abilities in English and Spanish preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions for reporting purposes
- Superior writing, verbal and listening communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven credibility
- Ability to be innovative and strategic in problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to take on an integrated, analytical, anticipatory and proactive approach to service delivery
- Proven leadership style focused on cooperation, high performance, integrity and fairness
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Consult with hiring managers to determine recruitment needs
- Collaborate with departments to develop appropriate talent acquisition and sourcing strategies, including the creation of effective job announcements and position descriptions, as well as ad placement strategies
- Oversee life cycle faculty and staff recruitment
- Execute proactive approach to recruitment, keeping abreast with applicable trends and best practices
- Develop and manage recruiting marketing channels including: online employment sites, job boards, on-campus recruiting, staffing agencies and professional networks; manage relationships with key contacts
- Provide guidance and coaching to academic and administrative departments on issues related to recruitment and the on-boarding process
- Manage resume database and critical recruitment metrics such as: days-to-fill, turnover and source distribution
- Work on various projects related to recruitment and employment, including market compensation studies, employment surveys and benchmark studies
- Facilitate New Staff Orientation
- Assist the Executive Director and Associate Director on developing HR operational strategy, driving HR initiatives and establishing best practices within the HR department
- Fast paced and professional work environment
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions.
- Employee must be able to work efficaciously under pressure, effectively managing competing demands.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to the “Apply Here Now” link below where you will be re-directed to the online application. Please note that incomplete applications may not be reviewed. A review of all applicants will continue until an appointment is made.
Trinity is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.