Financial Aid Advisor
Trinity Washington University in Washington, D.C. has an immediate opening for a Financial Aid Advisor. This position requires providing excellent customer service to students, parents, faculty, and staff in a fast-paced “one-stop” Enrollment Services Center. Responsibilities include assisting students with registration, financial aid application, payment arrangements, and determining financial aid eligibility. The successful candidate will be an outgoing expert who is energized and motivated to give detailed and accurate responses to students while contributing to a friendly office environment.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree, experience in higher education (preferably in student records, financial aid, academic advising, or admissions), experience working with an administrative database, and successful customer service experience in an office environment. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Other qualifications include:
- A desire and excitement to work with students one-on-one throughout the enrollment process
- A demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with diverse publics and across all levels of the institution
- A demonstrated ability to interpret and apply a wide range of academic and administrative policies and procedures to provide excellent customer service
- Excellent decision-making ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize activities, and the flexibility to make adjustments in response to change or frequent interruptions
- Excellent communication skills, sufficient to explain policies, procedures, and practices and to sustain excellent customer interactions in person, by phone, and by email
- A demonstrated ability to master a student information database and other standard office technologies.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by presenting their credentials through the “APPLY HERE NOW” link below.
Trinity Washington University values support and encourages diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives of students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is an equal opportunity employer.