Assistant Softball Coach
Trinity (Washington) University, – Assistant SOFTBALL Coach: Trinity is an NCAA Division III member which competes in the Association of DIII Independents Conference. Trinity invites applications and nominations for the part-time position of Assistant Softball Coach.
- Work within NCAA, conference and departmental guidelines.
- Work closely with Head Coach to determine best practices for the program
- Develop positive and constructive relationships with players in order to provide guidance and advice.
- Help supervise practices and provide in-game coaching in a manner that will promote team excellence, sportsmanship, individual growth, development and team unity in accordance with the Head Coach’s expectations.
- Must have strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to problem-solve in difficult situations.
- Promote team and athletic department camaraderie.
- Be able to recruit quality student-athletes with a passion for softball. Character, integrity along with strong standards and personal beliefs must be compatible with that of the Head Coach and the institution.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to problem-solve in difficult situations are a requirement. Bachelor’s degree and previous coaching experience is preferred.
- Must be willing to recruit (tournaments, high schools, JUCO, etc.) not only during season but in the off-season. This will be done in coordination with the Head Coach.
- Be able to plan and run effective leadership and/or team bonding activities
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made. Please submit a letter of application, a coaching philosophy, a resume, and names and contact information of three professional references to the “Apply Here Now” link below.
Trinity is deeply committed to recruiting, selecting, promoting, and retaining women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities. We strongly value diversity in the university community and seek to assure equality in education and employment.