Trinity Washington University, located in Washington, D.C., is seeking a Database Administrator. This is a full-time role providing professional-level support and administration of the institution’s enterprise database servers, applications, and interfaces necessary to deliver the institution’s student records, accounting applications, financial aid applications, and advising CRM.
A successful candidate will possess a bias for action, with ingenuity to invent and implement solutions for consumption by the University. Candidates in this role may generally come from a background in database administration and systems administration.
The Database Administrator will report to the Associate Director of IT for daily tasks, project assignments, and personnel needs. Primary responsibilities include:
- Support and maintain the institution’s on-premise database servers (Microsoft SQL, MySQL)
- Support enterprise applications Ellucian PowerCampus, and ancillary systems Microsoft Dynamics, CollegeBoard PowerFAIDS, and Starfish CRM.
- Implementing enhancements to the University’s databases and student information system, including lifecycle upgrades, patch management, and application customizations.
- Developing custom solutions and packages to automate businesses processes and deliver strategic value.
- Maintain documentation on standard operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience programming in SQL. Python, PHP, or similar interpretive languages, and particularly for systems automation and data extraction are a plus.
- 3+ years of experience administering Windows Server 2012 or greater, and web servers IIS or Apache; prior experience with Linux is a plus.
- 1-3+ years of experience supporting an enterprise ERP/SIS/CRM, i.e. Ellucian PowerCampus, Colleague, Banner, SalesForce, or similar system; prior experience with Ellucian PowerCampus is desirable.
- 1-3+ years of experience connecting disparate data systems using ETL methods.
- Solid understanding of RDMS concepts, principles and systems optimization, security, backup/restoration, stored procedures, and views.
- Prior working experience with data-warehouse design and administration is desirable.
- Prior experience with Tableau or comparable BI tool is a plus.
- Commitment to data security and the protection of sensitive information with demonstrated knowledge of applicable data use and sharing safeguards.
- Must be able to recommend creative and sound solutions to requests, problems, and application deficiencies.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex tasks independently and in a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Interested candidates may submit an application to the “Apply Here Now”link below for review and consideration. The position will remain open until filled.
Trinity Washington University is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.