Part Time Simulation Educator
Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, seeks a dynamic part-time Simulation Educator within the School of Nursing and Health Professions (NHP) for the Fall 2021 semester. The University offers health professions degrees in nursing, occupational therapy, health services, public health, and counseling.
The successful candidate(s) is required to have at least a Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited institution. Preference given to those with experience using instructional strategies for traditional, online instruction (hybrid, etc.), simulation (high fidelity and virtual, etc.), and with CNE Certification (Nursing Educator). A minimum of two years of teaching experience (didactic and clinical practice) with students in a college/university nursing program and evidence of continuous professional development are encouraged to apply.
The candidate will hold a current license in good standing as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the District of Columbia.
Summary of Position’s Responsibility:
- Work under direction of the Director of Clinical Simulation and Laboratory Operations, the Simulation Educator will work collaboratively in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating learning strategies provided through the clinical skills and simulation labs for the health professions programs of Trinity programs and clinical partners.
- Instruct and evaluate students in the simulation and skills laboratory including theory content and assist with clinical high fidelity simulation.
- Provide feedback to faculty in the health professions programs related to student performance in the clinical and simulation activities.
- Provide remediation to students in the health professions programs to enhance student learning.
- As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and live clinical placements, this position facilitates additional simulation workload.
- Use a variety of strategies to assess and evaluate learning in these domains: cognitive, psychomotor, and effective.
- Contribute to the integration of clinical simulation and interprofessional education
- Demonstrate proficiency in using technology (i.e. ATI, MOODLE, Microsoft Office, Zoom, Google Meets, etc.)
- Use existing evaluation tools for assessing clinical practice and educational outcomes.
- Evaluate available resources for learner assessment and evaluation.
- Implement evaluation strategies that are appropriate to the learner and learning outcomes.
- Use assessment and evaluation data to enhance the teaching-learning process.
- Advise learners regarding assessment and evaluation criteria.
- Provide timely, constructive, and thoughtful feedback to learners.
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning.
- Use feedback gained from self, peers, learners, and administrative evaluation to improve role effectiveness.
- Model cultural sensitivity when advocating for change.
Interested applicants should apply online through the “APPLY HERE” link below. Please upload a (1) letter of interest, (2) a current curriculum vitae, and (3) names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Trinity Washington University is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in the workplace without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, and all other categories governed by the laws of the United States and the District of Columbia. Trinity does not engage in discrimination on the basis of any personal characteristics defined by law as prohibited classifications.