Trinity, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, seeks an Accounting Associate who will be part of a dynamic team in the office of Business Affairs. This position will report directly to the Associate Controller. Trinity emphasizes excellence and innovation in teaching and learning across a full range of liberal arts and professional disciplines in undergraduate and graduate education. As such, we are looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, who understands and will support Trinity’s mission, is able to prioritize when faced with several important deadlines, and most importantly works well in a team environment.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required.
LEVEL & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE:
- At least two years of relevant experience, preferably as a Staff Accountant at a college or nonprofit organization.
- Experience with Great Plains and Power Campus database systems preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers.
- Intermediate proficiency level with Microsoft Excel
- 40 hours per week minimum
- Includes rotation of evening and weekend coverage
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions and Tasks):
- Perform monthly reconciliations of general ledger cash and non- cash accounts.
- Prepare and analyze financial data for department planning.
- Review daily donor gift entries.
- Complete excel schedules for monthly and annual closing processes and compile annual audit schedules for general ledger accounts.
- Perform monthly Title IV reconciliations.
- Review and prepare cash receipt deposits.
- Research and resolve cash receipt or account receivable-related inquiries.
- Work closely with Accounting Specialists to serve as a backup for accounts payable, student refund processing, cash receipts entering, and collections accounting.
- Assists students in making payment arrangements and payment plans, as needed.
- Manage campus-wide parking permit system and processes.
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit an application for consideration the the “Apply Here Now” link below.
Trinity Washington University is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.