Accounts Payable Associate
Accounts Payable Associate
Trinity, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, seeks an Accounts Payable Associate who will be part of a dynamic team in the office of Business Affairs. This position will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
Trinity emphasizes excellence and innovation in teaching and learning across a full range of liberal arts and professional disciplines in undergraduate and graduate education. As such, we are looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, who understands and will support Trinity’s mission, is able to prioritize when faced with several important deadlines, and most importantly works well in a team environment. This is the ideal opportunity for a person who is willing to learn the inner workings of an accounting department.
This position will primarily be responsible for all Accounts Payable functions within the accounting department, and assist with the day to day operations of the cashier window. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Review and process vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursements.
- Ensure all invoices and expense reimbursements have proper documentation, approvals, and are allowable costs.
- Update and maintain vendor records.
- Filing records (electronically and physically) associated with accounting transactions.
- Manage the annual preparation of 1099s.
- Oversee employee credit card reporting and follow-up.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, and general ledger reconciliations.
- Assist with annual audit and preparation of financial documents as needed.
- Serve as alternate cashier, processing student payments, preparing daily batch reports and journal entries for posting.
*This position will be trained on additional responsibilities for department redundancy and other assignments as necessary.
-Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
-3 years of experience in an accounting office. Higher education experience is a plus.
-Exceptionally organized with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
-Good research, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
-Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, Word).
-Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Great Plains a plus.
-Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
-Ability to work the hours of 9:00 am to 6:00 pm or 10:00 am to 7:00 pm during the weekdays and 8:00 am to 2:00 pm on Saturdays.
Candidates should submit their resume and application by clicking the “Apply Here Now” link below.
Trinity is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.