Fall Student Health Insurance Waiver Deadline for CAS StudentsSeptember 6, 2022 - 12:00 am
Health and Wellness Center Main 461
Trinity Washington University is pleased to offer our students and their families Student Insurance Plan Options for the academic year including access to comprehensive health care at an affordable premium, access to preferred providers for less out of pocket and an online portal to help you better manage your benefits and claims.
- Full Academic Year 2022-2023: All full-time students in the College of Arts and Sciences will be assessed a $250 Health Fee for the 2022-2023 academic year. The health fee is charged at $125 per semester that you are enrolled at Trinity.
- This health fee provides students access to The Health and Wellness Center, which is staffed by Nurse Practitioners and a Mental Health Counselor.
- The Health and Wellness Center offers primary care services which include, but are not limited to: sick visits, STD screening, pregnancy tests, gynecological examinations, and physical exams. The Counselor helps students manage their stress, anxiety, depression, and a variety of other concerns.
- The Health Fee is mandatory, and cannot be waived.
Full Academic Year 2022-2023: All students enrolled full-time in the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) are automatically enrolled in the Trinity Washington University student health insurance plan offered by Cigna. This plan coverage is from 8/01/2022 through 7/31/2023 and allows you to utilize the Health and Wellness Center as your primary care provider while you are attending Trinity.
- The full Academic year insurance premium is $1,383. This amount is automatically charged to your student account as a bi-annual premium of $691.50 for the Fall and Spring Semesters.
- This amount is in addition to the $250 charged for the Health Fee stated above. Your total cost of insurance and benefits for the full year is $1633.
- WAIVER: If you are covered under another comparable health insurance plan, you can waive the university-sponsored student health insurance plan by completing the waiver that provides proof of coverage by another health insurance provider. The waiver deadline for 2022-2023 insurance is Tuesday, September 6, 2022. No exceptions can be made after this date for waiver consideration. Click here to complete the Student Health Insurance Waiver Form beginning on May 1, 2022. Once the waiver is completed, your account will be credited for the insurance premium.
BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO WAIVE THE TRINITY INSURANCE PLAN:
- We strongly recommend that you check with your insurance provider to assure continued health insurance coverage while at Trinity, specifically for diagnostic testing (lab work and x-rays) and referrals to specialists.
- In the past, students with high-deductible plans or out-of-state Medicaid plans have had difficulty accessing affordable care while away from their “network”. Check to make sure that your insurance plan or HMO allows you to access healthcare from the local community resources in Washington, DC.
- A note about HMOs: Some HMOs offer guest membership plans which provide healthcare benefits to continue at the same level when away from home. Please contact your HMO insurance provider to find out if this option is available.